IT Support Specialist
Information Technology Department
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full or Part-time: 19 hours / week
The IT Department at Central European University (CEU) is seeking a candidate for a part-time (19 hrs/week) IT Support Specialist position for the Budapest, Kerepesi út 87 student dormitory. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
For more information about CEU and the IT Department, please visit our website.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide personal, telephone or email support of a high standard to users in English and Hungarian in case of IT issues (problems with hardware, software, networking)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of local IT processes and administrative procedures
- Administer the life cycle of IT assets
- Supply reports to the Helpdesk manager
- Act as interface / primary contact person to IT support
- High school or college degree,
- Good communication skills in Hungarian and English (at least intermediate level),
- Excellent IT skills (Windows, Office, basic network and hardware skills),
- Problem-solving skills, ability to work independently when required,
- Client-oriented mentality,
- IT support experience, Microsoft Office365 related knowledge count as advantage.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT Support, Helpdesk
- Part-time 4 hours
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English - intermediate / communication
Budapest, 1051 Nádor utca 9.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
• Resume in Hungarian and English.
Please send your complete application package to:
To apply you have to push the „apply” button, what you can find below. - including job code in subject line: 2020/036
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at our website.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty from over 50 countries and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit our website.