Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results.
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
Call for Interest for IT Assistants (Customer Care), GS-5, UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is seeking candidates for IT Assistant roles in our Customer Care Section in Budapest, Hungary. These roles provide first tier support to restore normal service to users as quickly as possible, fix technical faults, fulfil service requests, answer queries and provide other support as needed to allow users to continue working. The IT Assistant serves as the point of contact between Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and users/customers in all UNICEF locations for all matters related to ICT service provisioning.
This will involve:
Incident Management duties
- Log incidents. Answer phone calls, assist walk-ins, or address event triggered incidents
- Categorize and prioritize incidents
- Perform initial diagnosis. Discover full symptoms, determine source of problem and how to correct it. Use diagnosis scripts and known errors
- Escalate incident to Tier 2 when needed. Continue to facilitate communication with users, Local Site Administrators (LSAs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed; review/monitor escalations of aged incidents and service calls waiting for users, LSAs, SMEs and Regional IT staff
- Investigation and Diagnosis (understand chronological order, identify events that might have triggered incidents, knowledge searches for previous occurrences, and incidents/problems records within the first-point resolution time limit (OLA for Tier 1)
- Resolution and Recovery. Ensure user understands provided solutions, provide remote assistance to diagnose and implement solution within the first-point resolution time limit (OLA for Tier 1) without the support of other teams
- Generate daily Service Desk reports (Open Tasks and Incidents for SMEs, etc.)
- Generate Service Desk End of Shift Reports (Activities performed by the Shift, etc.)
- Generate Weekly Reports (Open incidents and Tasks for escalation purposes, etc.)
- Create tasks in Service Manager for service requests and assign them appropriately
- Reset/unlock passwords and accounts for global systems (AD, SAP, WebHRIS)
- Create access request on behalf of users when requested (i.e. APPROVA Requests)
- Create Tasks in Service Manager for release process for new services and systems
- Support the compilation of frequently asked questions
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Access Management duties
Project related activities and other assigned tasks
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
- Completion of secondary education (high school diploma)
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in information technology (IT) is required. A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted toward the minimum work experience requirements.
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable
- Work experience in dealing with Customer Support and Services is desirable.
- Work experience in development organizations with multi-cultural and diverse environments is an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is an asset.
- University level courses in computer science, information systems, engineering, telecommunications, or equivalent qualifications are desirable.
- Non-EU citizens are required to possess a valid work permit.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- Business Supporting Centres
- IT Support
- Client Services, Customer Services
- Call Center Services
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT Support, Helpdesk
- Full time
- Temporary work
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply:
You can apply on the „Jelentkezem button” below.