EMEA Payroll Associate
About this role
Come and join one of the (1)top 15 `Most Admired HR functions`!
The firm’s HR function is at the leading edge in diversity (we represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 45 languages) and effectiveness, and we’re looking for a talented HR professional to join our Payroll team, based in Budapest.
Payroll is integrated in our Global HR and working closely with Recruiting Operations, Talent Mobility, Compensation, Talent Acquisition.
The EMEA Payroll team works within an outsourced operating model with two payroll service providers across the region. As a result, the Payroll team is responsible for managing the vendor relationships, flow of data and queries between BlackRock, those payroll vendors, and employees, as well as internal projects and initiatives. The team works with the vendors to ensure BlackRock employees receive their compensation timely and accurately, in full compliance with all payroll laws and regulations.
We offer great work/life balance including a (2)no-maximum- paid-leave policy, a flexible dress code and opportunity to work from home on the occasional basis.
- A great opportunity for talented candidates to continue their professional career in an admired HR function, fulfil their potential and learn fast as part of our talented, fast-paced and friendly payroll team.
- Responsible for country specific payrolls, including auditing payroll transactions, reconciling funding, directing employee queries and ensuring all post payroll tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Manage specific country payrolls as required
- Collate and prepare all data inputs
- Review payroll for errors and ensure all inputs have been processed
- Reconcile gross pay and investigate unbalanced items
- Ensure all deductions processed according to inputs
- Maintain appropriate checklists to ensure vendor and BlackRock payroll follow agreed upon processes and controls
- Complete post payroll tasks including liaising with Compensation Accounting on unreconciled items
- Arrange payroll disbursements to employees and tax authorities.
- Manage team mailbox
- Participate in monthly payroll reviews with vendor and ensure proper handling of issues
- Participate on department projects as required
EXPERIENCE AND ATTITUDE
- 2 – 5 years relevant payroll or finance experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Strong analytical skills that enable candidate to recognize and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and excel in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, in an organized manner, and adhere to strict completion deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent by experience
- Financial services and/or investment banking industry experience is preferable
- A high level of attention to detail
- A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Risk Management / Attention to detail
- Teamwork including collaborating with remote team members
- Problem solving
- Desire and ability to provide outstanding service to internal clients
- Adaptability / Resilience
- Communicate with impact
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify, analyze and develop improvements to processes and/or procedures
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
- HR, Human Relations
- HR Administration
- HR Generalist, Specialist
- Training, Developing
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
Budapest, XIII. District Vaci ut 47
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem button” underneath.