Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
Join Vodafone Hungary and build a better tomorrow!
We are looking for a
Senior Opex Controlling Expert
for our Finance Team
At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build a better tomorrow. It is the future we have in our mind when we see the speed of technology development. There is so much creativity across the technology industry that the speed of change is increasing. We embrace the opportunities of the future and work proactively to make good use of technology. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Your place in the team
Providing financial information for the relevant business unit about the financial results and business processes (including non-financial indicators too) on a regular basis. Manage all company Employment Cost on a monthly basis. Support the lead of the team and members of the assigned Business Unit to set and deliver challenging operating and financial plans. As a key member of the team responsible for supporting cost saving initiatives and ensuring their deliveries by the Business Units. Calculate KPIs and provide an explanation of business reasons behind the numbers and understand why figures developed in a way they did. Supports the preparation of business case, engaging all relevant stakeholders in the other departments. Responsible for executing administrative tasks relating to controlling activities (contract review, cost center structure management, preparing forms to be sent to Shared Service Center, etc.). Preparation and support in decision-making.
You will be involved in the following tasks
- Responsible for all company Employment Cost planning and tracking.
- Responsible for all company Intercompany Cost controlling.
- Responsible for strategic business controlling.
- Participating in the preparation of the information for the internal and external audit.
- Preparation and support in decision-making.
- Work closely with the other department to develop stretching financial plans and to deliver cost saving initiatives.
- Support the achievement of business plans and forecasts, saving targets and project implementation.
- Deliver results asked by the support functions manager to produce robust forecasts for all operating expenditure that achieves the overall business objectives.
- Use company planning tool to gather information and for planning purposes.
Reporting & Analysis
- Providing explanations and analysis that trigger corrective action.
- Interpret results and identify trends proactively, highlighting issues, working in partnership with other departments to plan appropriate actions to mitigate impact against the risk.
- Support business and realization of cost effectiveness through actual reporting and cost scenario simulation.
- Support analysis and reports from the ERP system (SAP).
- Prepares information submitted to the group in respect to cost saving projects.
- Gather information for the business cases.
- Supports the preparation of business cases, engaging all relevant stakeholders in the other departments.
- Conduct post investment reviews to measure achievement of projects compared with the business plan.
- Check budget availability and approve POs in ERP system.
- Support business in financial matters, eg. explanation of planning cycle, actual reporting and with financial insights at business decisions.
We are looking for you if you have
- Graduate qualified with 5+yrs experience gained in large, multi-national organisation
- Excellent controlling and analytical skills
- English knowledge (verbal and written)
- IFRS knowledge
- Critical thinking & willingness to change things
- Able to work independently & achieve results
- Eager to take over responsibility & get visibility to top management
- Understanding of accounting principles, know how to read & interpret financial statements
Diversity and Inclusion
Vodafone is a company that values diversity. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. Our aim is to build a culture where no one will be discriminated based on either their gender, age, cultural background or sexual identity, orientation. Vodafone is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- Cash Management
- 5-10 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!