For more than 40 years, MSCI's research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world's leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com
Platform Systems Engineer
As a Platform Systems Engineer for MSCI’s Infrastructure Engineering group, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining operational uptime of MSCI’s Global Compute and Virtual infrastructure. You will participate in developing new solutions for business unit and operations demands, you will also have the opportunity to work directly with application teams on planning & executing on-premise and cloud transformation initiatives. The successful candidate should have hands-on experience with Cisco UCS Compute, Networking and Storage. Experience with UCS Central, UCS Manager, or UCS Fabric Interconnects. Experience with scripting tools is crucial in contributing to infrastructure automation initiatives.
- Execute POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions
- Report key performance indicators, needed for capacity planning, and performance monitoring
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of datacenter technologies including VMware vSphere, EMC/PURE Storage platforms, and Cisco UCS
- Ability to present and advocate enterprise standards, technology standards, environment policies, procedures, strategies and best practices in working with different teams and application areas
- Benchmark, analyze report and recommend improvements
- Responsible for driving and delivering on strategic planning, design, and support of global Virtualization and Compute server infrastructure including business recovery and continuity planning
- Experience in engineering and supporting large-scale geographically-distributed infrastructure systems
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure Engineering team members in the development, presentations, and demonstration of operational systems
Desired Experience and qualifications:
- Strong understanding of Linux, Windows, Storage and Networking
- Networking concepts and functional knowledge of Cisco technologies
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment and delivery models. Preference in one automation / scripting language (Python and/or PowerShell)
- DevOps methodology exposure and working experience is a plus
- Real world experience deploying and managing private/hybrid clouds, in an automated manner using Virtualization and Orchestration
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including fluency in English
- Excellent analytical skills in decision making, with the ability to speak in both business and technical terms
- BSc or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other STEM discipline
- At least 4+ years of experience engineering VMware and Cisco UCS environments
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist or similar qualifications desirable
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- Electrical Engineer
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
Budapest, 1134 Kassák Lajos utca 19-25..
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „jelentkezem” button underneath.