Head of Student Records Student Records Office
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Review will begin on September 25, 2017, and continue until position is filled
Full Or Part Time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The Student Records Office at Central European University invites applications for Head of Student Records position.
The Student Records Office (SRO) provides a wide array of services related to the academic aspects of studying at CEU. The Office is responsible for overseeing enrollment and course registration, the preparation of diplomas, as well as keeping students’ academic records. It also monitors the submission of grades and administers the conferring of various academic achievement awards. Furthermore, it coordinates the Apostille procedure, provides assistance regarding course registration procedures, degree verification, and manages the functions of the University Information System related to academic matters.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for SRO operation/Overseeing the work of a team of 4 colleagues
- Ensuring the implementation of the new Student Information network (known as SITS) as it relates to SRO operations
- Reporting student data in FIR (Hungarian Higher Education Information System), participation on FIR forums, cooperating with other units on FIR-related issues
- Data management and collection: preparing reports to different units/departments/Rectorate
- Enforcement of institutional policies
- Planning/verifying office tasks within the team, including the following:
- Handling general inquiries regarding academic records and other SRO matters, in person or via email
- Overseeing the preparation of various certificates requested by students
- Database maintenance and configuration in Infosys; contributing to the improvement of Infosys both in terms of improving services to students and maintaining a state of the art academic registration and reporting system
- Participation at departmental meetings, events, liaising with other units within CEU
- Managing the SRO budget
- Coordinating the transfer of academic files and records from the Admissions Office
- Providing counseling services to the students on matters of registration
- Monitoring course grade entry
- Coordinating the preparation of U.S. and Hungarian diplomas
- Website maintenance and preparation of Student Records Manual
- Sharing information with the SRO team
- Precision, attention to detail
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills;
- Strong results-orientation
- Experience in a similar position
- Experience working in multicultural environment and/or at a university is an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English and Hungarian
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge or understanding of software development lifecycle principles and methodologies is an advantage
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
- Administration, Assistance, Office Work
- Administrator, Document Manager
- Education, Research, Science
- Learning and Development Coordinator
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English - intermediary/communicative
- Hungarian - native
Budapest, 1051 Nádor utca 9..
How to apply/ contact information:
Applicants need to submit:
• CV/resume and
• Motivation letter
Please send your complete application package by clicking on the „Jelentkezem" button underneath - including job code in subject line: 2018/010.