A workplace focused on you, providing stability and partnership, remote working options alongside a variety of learning journeys to build you career. A company valuing excellence, integrity, diversity and energy. Explore your potential with us and join team BP today as
Senior Statutory Accountant
The main goal of the VCC is to deliver value adding services and process transformation for the various business units within the Refining & Marketing Division of BP by providing enhanced control and risk management; creating process efficiencies through simplification and standardization and delivering resource efficiencies.
If you join our Tax and Statutory team, you may have the following responsibilities:
- Adhering with the tasks outlined in the EMS/QMS Systems of BSC.
- The Statutory Reports regarding the UK registered entities the team is responsible for support to the business(es) and countries assigned to the role by the given deadline.
- Enable the Direct Tax Team in the UK to be able to prepare and submit the Corporation Tax Return by given deadline.
- Ensure that Taxpacks are filled in properly and sent in time, answering tax queries received from Indirect Tax Teams.
- Compiling and reviewing the financial data required for tax pack, statutory accounts by the analysis of trial balances submitted by the different business channels at the end of the Year End Close period.
- Prepare and review of a number of draft statutory accounts, lead schedules, director's brief, audit file, tax packs and quality control check lists.
- Consolidating the statutory accounts channels into one lead schedule spreadsheet.
- Ensure all audit and tax queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- Preparation of capital injection SFN's for insolvent companies, including liaising with other functions.
- Ensure timely sign off of milestones in the Statutory Accounts Tracking System (SATS) for companies responsible for.
- Support the VAT preparation and submission responsibilities within the team, provide back up for those tasks.
In a Senior Statutory Accountant role we have the following requirements:
- Recognized accounting qualification,
- 5-6 years’ experience in related Finance area (Indirect Tax accounting and reporting experience is an advantage),
- Knowledge of an integrated accounting system,
- High level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness,
- Fluency in English,
- Flexible, motivated personality.
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- Finance, Accounting
- Tax Advisor
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
1095 Budapest, Soroksári út 32-34.
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this position, learn more via Jelentkezem button underneath