Research Analyst in Credit Risk Management
Credit Risk Management (CRM) assesses the creditworthiness of Morgan Stanley’s clients such as corporates, banks, financial institutions, funds and sovereigns. The department undertakes extensive financial research to rate counterparty/ borrower capacity to perform on obligations to Morgan Stanley and identify factors that could hinder payment ability and lead to default. CRM further establishes and manages credit risk limits as well as monitors and reports on credit risk exposures to senior management. The department also evaluates transactions and interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk appetite is factored into business decisions.
Analysts perform a critical role in Risk Management employing an array of skills fundamental to credit research which include:
- Performing in-depth financial analysis of Morgan Stanley’s lending and traded products counterparties to assess their creditworthiness.
- Conducting company specific, product and industry level as well as broader economic research to identify key factors impacting credit quality.
- Monitoring and reporting key news and developments across financial markets and relevant industries.
- Presenting and discussing views and analyses at Credit Committees and with senior management.
- Assisting in the credit approval process by analyzing the risk in various loan or derivative transactions.
- Monitoring and managing exposures at a client, product and portfolio level.
Skills and Competences:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Finance/Economics/Business/Public Policy or similar fields.
- Good analytical and numerical skills to understand and evaluate complex information.
- Understanding of financial statements, economic indicators and capital market products.
- Motivation to enhance your knowledge of the world of finance.
- Solid communication and presentation skills to articulate complex ideas and findings clearly and concisely.
- Interest to work in a multicultural and diverse team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
Budapest, 1095 Lechner Ödön fasor 8.
How to apply/ contact information:
Please click the Apply button and send us your CV.