Portfolio Compliance Associate on the Monitoring Team in Budapest
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS), one of the core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. PCG is responsible for implementing controls & processes to ensure we are aligned with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines, including core Aladdin pre-and post-trade compliance and non-Aladdin trading compliance; mutual fund monitoring and reporting; global syndicate offering review; ERISA & Fiduciary monitoring, and Global Thresholds reporting. GAAPS, more broadly executes Institutional and Commingled fund accounting, Board management, Portfolio & Regulatory Compliance and operational infrastructure oversight for BlackRock's commingled funds (registered and unregistered)
- Investment guideline monitoring of both BlackRock investment funds and client mandates
- Pre-trade and Post-trade investment guideline exception investigation & resolution
- Working closely with portfolio management and other partners to ensure portfolio compliance
- Manual test execution
- Identification of investment guideline coding issues
- Becoming acquainted with BlackRock’s various Aladdin applications, trade flow process, and data environment
- Participating in efficiency and improvement initiatives by providing ideas and suggestions on possible improvements to systems or processes.
You will gain exposure to multiple business organizations and investment products across BlackRock globally by daily interaction with key business organizations such as portfolio management, trading and client service professionals. The opportunity will always be there to take responsibility and ownership for both individual projects and team goals.
- Visibility in being a PCG service champion for both internal and external clients
- Exposure to global regulatory jurisdictions and frameworks
- Growth and development within a truly global team and firm
College / University graduates with a background in finance or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is helpful. Although not required, an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) is beneficial.
- Proficiency in English
- College / University Graduates with a background in finance or similar fields
- Strong social skills
- Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines
- Strong standout colleague
- Analytical mind and approach
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated approach to issue resolution
- Ability to recognize individual and team objectives and goals
- Ability to facilitate compromise between conflicting requirements or points of view
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hiring philosophy
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
As a job seeker, I was a curious person who was looking to learn new things and build technologies that served a real purpose, so finding a job at BlackRock was perfect for me.