People and Payroll Lead
As one of the world’s largest retailers and the largest private employer in the United Kingdom (second largest after the UK government) Tesco serves millions of customers a week in our stores and online portal. Tesco is present in 10 countries all over the world including Ireland and Thailand. Tesco operates in Hungary since 1995. We cooperate in 4 countries structure with the Polish, Czech and Slovakian teams on a daily basis to offer the best to our customers. Our first Tesco Business Service has been established in 2004 in Bengaloru, India. The next step now to set up a brand new Tesco Business Services team for Central Europe. The team will be based in a new business services center in our existing Vaci út office in Budapest and will create hundreds of new specialist roles. The new team will provide dedicated support for colleagues and customers in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia.
Roles and responsibilities:
This role would be a fundamental part of the People Operations function within Tesco Business Services. Would aim at delivering world class operations for over 65K colleagues working across Tesco Stores, Office and Distribution centres in Central Europe.
- Be the process expert by understanding end to end processes, legislation and policies.
- Plan and manage workflow received for the team so that all inputs are completed as per the SLA guidelines. Balance priorities for the team to be able to complete all activities according to the schedules.
- Complete all mandatory and critical reporting to State authorities like year end taxation, periodic payment file submission, joiner and leaver information, etc. according to the defined timelines. Be compliant with all activities so that there are no issues identified.
- Interact with the Tax and government authorities to resolve any complex queries and facilitate authority audits and provide support in inspection.
- Handle any supervisor calls received from the People partners in Stores, Office and DCs and resolve the issue. Also, conduct thorough RCA to mitigate the issues and stop them from recurring. Also provide feedback to the respective teams and improve processes to implement robust controls.
- Work with vendors to ensure all mandatory documents are archived securaly and retrieved when required.
- Support the team by creating and maintaining process documentation (SOP, PIPOR, Process maps on ARIS). Deliver training for the new hires joining the Specialist and Indexing team; sharing process, policy, legislation updates to all the members within Specialist team and also conduct refresher trainings (based on error analysis, observations, etc.) to all the members of the Specialist and Indexing admin team.
- Deliver communication and training to the People partners in Stores, Office and DCs.
- Understand the change requirement and perform end to end UAT on the core HR and Payroll systems to assess if the developments and changes have been made in line with the requirements and if the results or output is accurate.
- Undergo the Continuous Improvement learning journey in order to be the CI champ for the Specialist and Indexing team. Also, develop individuals within the team to set up a continuous improvement culture. Lead and deliver continuous improvement initiatives to improve efficiency, accuracy and avoid payroll leakage, thereby save cost.
- Paying all colleagues accurately and on time
- Ensuring processes are compliant to legislation and policies
- Understanding and adhering to the GDPR guidelines
To support the Tesco CE business by
You will be great in this role if you have:
- Hungarian and English knowledge at advanced level
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Ability to handle personal data with highest level of confidentiality
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Customer service mindset
- Logical reasoning and proactive approach to problem solving
- Analysis and decision making
- Risk and escalation management
- HR, Human Relations
- HR Administration
- HR Manager, Head of HR
- Payroll Assistance, Social Insurance Assistance
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
1138 Budapest, Váci út 187.
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „jelentkezem” button underneath.