BI Processing Analyst
Why Viacom International Media Networks?
Sure, you will have challenging tasks, responsibilities and freedom for your ideas, just like in other companies – but the difference is in the details. At Viacom International Media Networks, you are not only bringing in your personal Know How, but also your individual passion. Since we all share a love for great stories, we have gathered the best storytellers and committed ourselves to bringing the best possible stories to our audience all across the world. In the pursuit of telling all the new stories as well as the loved classics, we have grown to become the largest media network in the world. Become a part of us and work for our famous brands like MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Vh1, RTL SPIKE and Paramount. You will have the opportunity to discover your true talent in an innovative and passionate work environment that fits your lifestyle and fandom.
As a member of the International Commercial Operations & Business Intelligence team:
The role is located in the Business Intelligence (BI) Operations & Development group, in Viacom International Media Network’s (VIMN) Budapest office. The BI Operations & Development group deliver and maintain regular business reporting for VIMN. Influencing all levels of the data flow from source: introducing new data sources, support ad hoc reporting with instant data, data wrangling and processing, data management and reporting operations for report development; the group ensure business data is reliable, impartial, consistent and timely. The primary client base includes senior management, sales, operations, research, strategy and finance groups around the organization. This role will work to systematically collect, combine, transform data, automate data processing and validating, analyzing results. Additionally, to automate current highly manual data processing tasks maintaining data quality on a timely manner.
- Creating automated data processing and data transformation workflows in automation platforms (Alteryx)
- Performing data conversions from several data sources, developing necessary processes for loading, updating and maintaining non-DW data sources
- Understanding and collating key data automation requirements
- Translating these requirements into effective, automated data processing workflows
- Develop time-efficient data solutions to unique challenges not serviced by enterprise or department-level systems
- Hone development capabilities using various tools (Excel, VBA, Alteryx, SQL, etc.) to build data assets that enable business value generation
- Analyze, validate and contextualize results
- Collaboration with BI LOB Analytics on the above for data processing prioritization
- Collaboration with BI Data Development, where required, for new data sets and required structure
- Deep understanding of the data to understand any gaps in current data collection practices and facilitate remediation
- Planning and delivery of automated data solutions
- Improve and automate existing manual data processes and enhance system features
- Enable data for ad-hoc reporting, automate currently manual data collecting and wrangling, gathering data timely manner (real-time, fast analytics)
- Design, implement, maintain, enhance or build data-based frameworks (PoC, test, scale, ad-hoc)
- Regular updates to BI LOBs and other business stakeholders
- Design, document, and implement administrative procedures for data processing platform
- Documentation and ongoing maintenance of created data processes
The processing analyst’s primary responsibilities are to understand and collate data requirements of certain reporting activities, deliver and maintain best practice automated data processing workflows. The processing analyst will also be required to collaborate with the BI LOB Analytics and analyze current manual data processing tasks to create automated workflows therefore excellent communication skills are essential and knowledge of agile methodology is an advantage.
The data processing analyst is responsible for:
That’s why we want you to have:
- Analytical mindset
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across numerous mediums (written, verbal, presentations, etc.)
- Trust, integrity, objectivity and impartiality
- Alteryx expertise, VBA (macro) expertise, SQL, Python an advantage
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team player and independently on predefined tasks
- Time management and prioritisation of own portfolio of work
- Self-starter with very high attention to detail, quality and deadlines
- Competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience
- Opportunity to learn BI Tools: Alteryx, SQL, SAP BO
- Challenging job in a multicultural environment
- Unique and friendly atmosphere in Budapest office, team building events
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Full time
- professional experience is not required
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
1113 Budapest, Bocskai út 134-146.
We kindly ask you to let us know your possible start date and desired salary level. We're looking forward to your application. We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.