Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 92,000 employees. For more information, visit Eaton.com
Technical Support Engineer - Digital Configurations
The Eaton Power Quality team is accelerating advancement of its digital platform and is scaling plans to implement the software solutions to customers worldwide. The software technology is designed to help manage, monitor and control devices along with management of key resources such as power, space and IT Infrastructure in our customer computing environments with a particular focus on data center as well as commercial and industrial buildings.
As a Technical Support Engineer - Digital Configurations you will be responsible for providing technical support to internal and external customers and/or the sales organization by acting as a primary point of contact on several channels: telephone, e-mail, web ticket, and chat for EATON Electrical division.
The main activities to be covered are related to EATON solutions for customized configuration of dashboard and reports that is part of the set of deliveries of an EPMS implementation project for a given customer. This includes software customization for visualization, GUI, and reporting tools.
The Technical Support Engineer act as a fist point of contact for EPMS delivery teams and end customers to validate desired customisations of dashboards and reports prior to EPMS implementation. Support the process documentation and knowledge sharing sessions, tools testing and deployment and contribute to increase the customer satisfaction and the technical knowledge within the team.
- Provide technical software customization for visualization, GUI, and reporting tools for a given product or product family.
- You will assist customers to resolve any kind of technical issues which might involve escalations to L2 and above technical support engineers, R&D and Product Managers and EPMS delivery organizations or partners.
- Actively contribute to the effective organization and daily delivery of all aspects of the technical support tasks through involvement of various resources such people, process and technology.
- You will drive customer loyalty through quality of service, improved value and through a high-performance culture.
- You will provide support in follow up the installed base and track the commissioning with creation of daily/weekly/monthly team reporting tools.
- You will participate actively on CI projects and initiatives to increase productivity and efficiency from team and BSC activities.
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Degree in Software development, Computer Science / IT, Engineering
- Proven experience in the area software development / customisation
- Good understanding of software applications and their customisation capabilities
- Excellent and Comprehensive knowledge of Eaton’s and competitive products and services
- General knowledge on Electrical Products such Power Quality components, hardware and software
- Familiarity with IT virtualisation solutions (VMWare, Hyper-V, Nutanix,...) as well as electrical product application and technical specifications
- Analytical mindset
- Great communication skills and problem-solving skills
- IT skills
- Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for you
- We ensure health, wellness, safety and work-life balance for you
- We invest in you for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- We offer career advancement opportunities for you
- We value diversity, join our passionate team
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of ability testing as part of the recruitment process.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Business Supporting Centres
- IT Support
- 1-3 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
HOW TO APPLY/ CONTACT INFORMATION:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.