Product Development Engineer – Wastewater Motor Specialist
Grundfos is one of the world’s leading pump and motor manufacturers. Our most important aspiration is to develop successfully, produce and sell high quality pumps and pump systems to contribute higher standard of living and healthier environment since our foundation in 1945. We are responsible for our employees, for the environment around us and for our clients, who trust in our work. Grundfos keeps developing its products and services. Grundfos keeps developing its products and services, but it is possible with well-qualified professionals only. If you would like to be part of this successful team, we are waiting for your application.
Do you have experience with electrical motors? Would you like to be part of a self-organizing agile team and deal with all phases of a products lifecycle (development and maintenance)? We have two newly established positions, so you could become a key player in developing new wastewater pumps.
What is the job about?
You will join our Product Development Water Utility team at Székesfehérvár, Hungary. You will be a part of a newly formed Agile team, which has the focus on maintaining and developing wastewater pumps, which are manufactured and sold globally. The team will be working with the mindset of Scrum meaning there will be both a short term focus on success as well as a longer term focus.
The Product Development Water Utility team in includes more electrical motor specialist which secures a network of engaged people with the same background and work area. These colleagues are members of other Agile teams, though securing a professional network in the location. These roles report to Capability Manager Frank S. Madsen.
”Motor specialists in our organization are key players for ensure innovative products. Furthermore we are characterized of having a very good network across the organization, where we secure development of each individual through sparring, knowledge sharing and helping each other – and we will also help you settle into your new position,” Frank explains.
Your primary tasks involve but not limited to:
- You will work on product development projects as well as sustaining engineering activities
- You will be the team specialist for the development of electric motors ensuring profitable designs in terms of cost and performance
- You look for new opportunities within motors and technology to maintain competitiveness
- Be the teams Electrical specialist
- Implement theoretical designs to practical solutions
- Work on simulation of electromagnetic motor design, validating simulation models
- Have a strong focus on Simulation Driven Design (SDD)
- Work together with suppliers on optimizing the product and value of the product
What do you need to apply?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering and have good experience with electromagnetic design of motors allowing you to convert your theoretical background into practical solutions
- Experience with electrical measuring techniques and tests
- Knowledge of motor manufacturing
- Knowledge about mechanical design will be an advantage
- Fluent in English and Hungarian
- Excellent communication skill (internally as well as externally)
- Analytical thinking
- Cooperative attitude
- Customer focus
- Being innovative
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Dynamically improving company with stable background
- Professional challenges and development opportunities in multinational environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Teamwork in an international team
- Sport facilities (gym & squash)
- Flexible working-time, Home Office
- Family friendly, environmentally aware employer
- Manufacturing, Production
- Product Development, Design
- Project Management
- Electrical Engineer
- 1-3 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Hungarian (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send us your English resume and motivation letter by clicking on ‘Apply’.
We look forward to hearing from you.