For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Internal IT Auditor
The Internal IT auditor is primarily responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of audit projects as part of MSCI’s annual audit plan with a focus on information technology. Internal audits include operational, financial and governance related engagements in addition to other special projects.
The Internal IT Auditor will also assist in the development of the annual internal audit plan and championing Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX 404) control assessment activities throughout the Group.
- Assist MSCI group internal audit team headquartered in New York in performing activities as set in the annual plan.
- Assist in development, planning and execution of assigned audits, with a focus on information technology and information security.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- (1)identification of information technology and security risks, propose topics for internal audit engagements;
- (2) assist in creation of audit work programs and procedures;
- (3) perform fieldwork audit activities, documentation of audit (including report writing);
- (5) periodic monitoring of remediation activities
- Collaboration with audit team members, business and control owners to ensure compliance with SOX 404. Activities include identifying risks, establishing effective controls, testing key controls and summarizing findings and results of testing.
- Contribution to improve internal audit methodology and audit procedures to enhance effectiveness of audit activities, with focus on data analysis and automation.
- This is a global position based in Budapest. May require limited travel (5%)
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, economics or finance (advanced degree preferred)
- Fluent in English and Hungarian
- 2 to 4 years of experience in information technology, audit, or consultancy
- Experience in auditing IT general controls, including change management, logical security and IT operations
- Understanding of internal auditing standards and working practices risk assessment practices
- Familiar with information technology working practices, control and security frameworks, standards (such as ITIL, COBIT, COSO, ISO 27001, NIST CSF)
- Experience in auditing various components of corporate IT infrastructure on technical level
- operating systems (primarily Microsoft Windows, Linux),
- operating database management systems (Oracle, Microsoft SQL)
- Ability to work independently with appropriate level of direction and guidance
- Good problem solving, proactive mindset
- Ability to objectively and critically evaluate technology and business scenarios
- Sound analytical skills, advanced command of MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Capital market experience
- Professional certifications relevant to the position (CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA, etc.)
- Experience in technical cyber security audits is a plus (e.g. vulnerability assessments or penetration testing)
- Audit, or operational experience in SAP ERP systems
- Knowledge of audit and data analysis software (such as ACL, IDEA or MetricStream) and CAAT
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
- Hungarian - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
Budapest, XIII. kerület
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.