MSCI (NYSE:MSCI), headquartered in the World Trade Center in New York, is the world leader in international indexing. More than $12 trillion assets under management are benchmarked to MSCI indexes and 1200+ equity ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds) are based on MSCI Indexes. This exceptionally strong franchise positions MSCI as one of the fastest growing leaders of the financial services industry.
MSCI is investing in its Budapest technology organization. We are expanding our index software development team to build the best index benchmarking platform of the world. We want to be ahead of the curve, and we are uniquely positioned to deliver the world’s best index customization client facing experience. To succeed, we need the best technologists of the Budapest Technology Scene. We are a meritocracy, appreciating talent over resumés, and people who deliver. We value software development, our managers are themselves technologists.
FULL STACK JAVA DEVELOPER (INDEX SIMULATION)
The employee will work in a focused team, developing an Index Simulation engine exposed via a web application. You will have a key role in the evolution of this complex toolkit. You will learn the nuts and bolts of indexing and turn business requirements into working software. You will figure out ways to display and manipulate large amounts of data.
The employee will work on a high-impact, greenfield project that will launch in the fiscal year 2020.
- You will develop both front- and backend application code in a high-impact project
- You will use core Java and modern web-frameworks (Svelte or Angular)
- You will work with semi-structured data sets (NoSQL mostly)
- You will take part in developing black-box tests for a complex application
Desired experience and qualifications:
- At least 3 years of work experience – either JVM-based, enterprise-scale backend development or React / Vue / Angular-based frontend development, experience with both stacks is a plus
- Core Java skills
- Experience with data-intensive applications
- Reactive asynchronous programming experience (RXJava, RXJS or similar)
- Solid SQL & NoSQL skills
- Demonstrable familiarity with Jenkins, Linux shell, Python
- Experience with black-box testing
- Solid English skills
- Pragmatic, keep it simple mentality
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to setup and follow through on a schedule, and work in a self-contained way
- Able to deal with a heavy workload and identify hotspots early on in a work schedule
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „jelentkezem” button underneath.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.