Technical Service Engineer
“What we like most being a Technical Service Engineer (office based)”
In the Life Science Research industry, there are highly qualified scientists and engineers called “Technical Service Engineer” part of our European Technical Engineering center (TEC) from Thermo Fisher Scientific who are sharing their expertise and technological advancements with researchers, helping them in making the world a better place—whether they’re discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe
The job is all about the customer and providing help and guidance. A satisfied customer with positive feedback for the support you have provided is worth more than anything else and ultimately a validation for the quality of your work. You will be supporting Sample Preparation and Analysis Software part of Laboratory equipment product lines to both internal and external customers.
- Provides complete customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources. Escalates issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues. Troubleshoots, provides advice or solutions to problems as required. Participates in analyzing complaint information to assist in complaint trending, and identification of potential quality issues. Work closely with development teams to identify and resolve any technical problems that might arise during the development of software.
- Works with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist our Sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Deliver training to educate customers about software products
- Participate in training, both new product and continuing education to remain at the edge of scientific knowledge.
- Create implementation plans with customers for the procurement, installation and integration of Store & vHCS products.
- Contributes to departmental and team meetings.
- Position determines own practices and procedures and contributes to the development of new concepts.
- Performs duties independently with only limited direction given. Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a moderate to high degree of complexity. Decisions are made within policy constraints. Occasionally, situations may warrant action outside of company guidelines, in which case representative is encouraged to share solution with Team Leader prior to action.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or M.Sc), Software Engineering, IT or related field, or BBA in ICT or Datanome or Vocational Qualification in Information Technology
- Fluency in English minimum C1 level oral & written
- Background in Information Technology and/or Software Development /Testing
- Hands-on experience in installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems
- Experience with Network TCP/IP, Firewalls, Active Directory, etc. is an essential
- Knowledge of modern cloud, service-oriented, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Hands-on experience in SQL database and Windows applications and OS (C#/.NET technologies) is a plus
- Experience with application deployment (Windows installer, MS Store) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues is required.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.