Join Vodafone Hungary and build a better tomorrow!
We are looking for a
IT QA Engineer
for our Technology Team
At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build a better tomorrow. It is the future we have in our mind when we see the speed of technology development. There is so much creativity across the technology industry that the speed of change is increasing. We embrace the opportunities of the future and work proactively to make good use of technology. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Your place in the team
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.) Using associated test data to design and develop test procedures and cases.
You will be involved in the following tasks
- Participate in the preparation of high level technical test proposal and provide expertise into various areas of comprehensive test solution.
- Understand the business and technical needs and implications of new services and translate them into detailed IT non-functional requirements
- Maintain and elaborate test cases/documentation and reports in her/his area and develop new test approach and test sets if the business or technical need can be fulfilled internally.
- Negotiate functional and technical feasibility of test requirements with systems suppliers, developers and/or other third parties
- Provide estimate regarding quotations, resource needs and feasible delivery dates
- Compile technical concepts for the fulfillment of the test demands
- Follow the work of vendors, review and comment all work products and propose preferable solutions if needed
- Participate in the delivery of tasks, enhancements and IT Development projects (in accordance with the valid project management methodology)
- Continuously improve his/her competence and technological knowledge in her/his area
We are looking for you if you have
- University degree (IT or Telco specific is an advantage)
- At least 2 years working experience
- 1 years of experience in Information Technology industry as Tester or Test Designer is an advantage
- Experience of project management is an advantage
- IT Systems / Software development lifecycle involved testing knowledge is useful
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- JMeter; SoapUI; Sonarqube; Selenium and Jenkins knowledge are advantage
- SQL knowledge is required
Diversity and Inclusion
Vodafone is a company that values diversity. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. Our aim is to build a culture where no one will be discriminated based on either their gender, age, cultural background or sexual identity, orientation. Vodafone is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
The most important thing for us is the health and safety of our employees, so we have introduced the following measures for our current and future employees to prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- We provide home office opportunity for most of our colleagues working in the capital and ensure the necessary equipments as well (laptop, mobile phone, internet if needed)
- In our retail stores plexi walls, gloves, masks and social distancing floor marks provide protection
- We also provide home office for those who work in our call center in Miskolc, and have the opportunity to do so
- Our technical colleagues are also equipped with protective equipment
Applying for our jobs is still going smoothly:
1. In the selection process, we use video interview format that does not require personal appearance
2. The entry date may vary depending on the job, it will be communicated by the designated recruiter
3. You need to appear in person only once when you are hired and need to pick up the necessary equipment for remote work (it will happen in a safe environment, our colleagues wear protective gear during the handover)
4. After getting your laptop and mobile phone, your manager and team members will help you to get to know your tasks via conference calls
We continue to work together day by day to make everyday life better, easier, and more enjoyable with our technology and services.
The future is exciting. Ready?
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Tester, Test Engineer
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
Budapest, 1096 Lechner Ödön fasor 6.
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in the position, apply online!