World Wide Test Engineer
A WW Test Engineer in system manufacturing test is responsible for supporting the end-to-end fulfillment test for all server products manufactured by Lenovo.
Job duties include: Providing local support for the test platforms that are used to run product test. This will include supporting the strategic test platform that will be used for all future server products. The test platform application controls the entire test process and also provides the interface for operators to monitor the test process, detect and debug failures, and interact with the products as they are being tested.
The WW Test Engineer will be expected to debug issues and open defects using the Redmine tool and will also be able to make code changes and submit merge requests to get those changes embedded into the production platform code.
The WWTE will also provide local support and will be the first point of contact for any manufacturing issues that arise in manufacturing test. The WWTE will be expected to debug and repair product code issues and make sure that any fixes are properly managed and communicated to the product owner so that the code integrity can be maintained across all manufacturing sites.
Strategically, Test Engineers must also be constantly looking for ways to optimize and improve the overall test process and coverage. World Wide Test Engineers work closely with other teams such as industrial engineers, quality engineers and Development to define test requirements and improvements. They may also work with hardware and software development engineers to drive product enhancements and future requirements to improve the manufacturing process.
Responsible Tasks include:
• Provide local support for test platform code
• Participate in platform/product code reviews
• Open and manage defects that impact fulfilment either for platform or product issues
• Develop automated software to test and configure products in a high volume manufacturing environment
• Be the Global Engineering focal point for providing engineering support for production issues at the site
• Manage and optimize test cycle time to drive mfg efficiencies
• Enable and support Special Bid configurations, OCEPs, and VAOs in product test process
• Interface w/ fulfilment and mfg sites to provide critical order management support
• Interfacing with multiple fulfilment sites to enable and manage product fulfilment processes and successful volume ramps
• 5+ years experience in a manufacturing test role
• English and Hungarian Skills: required
• Scripting experience with Python (3.x preferred)
• Experience with code versioning and tracking systems, particularly Git.
• Root cause analysis & problem resolution skills required
• Experience with manufacturing test processes preferred
• Able to apply engineering concepts
• Candidate must be pro-active and highly self-motivated
• Effective communicator
- IT Development
- Tester, Test Engineer
- 5-10 years professional experience
- University degree
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Hungarian (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
Please apply with English CV.