VAT Consolidation Expert
Job Profile Summary:
Responsible for partnering with the business / corporate function / or within the Tax Function to provide either compliance services, tax reporting services or domestic and multi-jurisdictional tax advice (dependent on specialism), to help optimise BP's tax position and effectively manage any potential tax risks.
BP’s Tax department:
BP Tax is a centralized function led as one global team with the vision of "advancing tax in a digital world". We are responsible for the full range of indirect taxes in every country in which we operate. We are accountable for aligning with legislation and ensuring that all the BP Group’s tax obligations are met in a timely manner and in line with the BP's Values and Behaviors. BP Tax builds sustainable relationships with Governments and Fiscal Authorities around the world and acting in an honest, respectful and constructive way.
Be part of our team and the responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate the timely delivery of Indirect Tax reports such as Intrastate, ECSL and VAT return, etc.,
- Collect reports from the relevant teams in order to prepare consolidated VAT return,
- Carry out trend analyses on periodical basis, report the meaningful metrics on a regular basis to Tax Team Leaders,
- Sign off and submit the consolidated and standalone VAT return in line with the local UK regulation,
- Represent BP along with Group Tax in internal and external Tax audits,
- Keep documentations, process maps and models up-to-date,
- Look for opportunities to improve GBS Tax Team’s global indirect tax processes,
- Individually run globally the communication concerning UK VAT compliance tasks.
In the Tax Lead Accountant position we have the following requirements:
- Relevant degree (Accounting/Finance/Tax),
- 5+ years’ experience in related Finance area, good understanding of taxation across all aspects of indirect taxes and in VAT Group consolidation tasks and partial exemption calculation,
- Process and project management experience,
- Excellent level of analytical skills, numeracy and good financial understanding,
- Shown problem solving skills,
- Ability to collaborate well and influence people at senior level,
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Proficiency in business English is required.
At BP, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Become a member of community where we respect our diverse and unified teams, we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Chill-out and teamwork spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements included life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop and phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
We are a global energy business, involved in every aspect of the complex energy system that drives our world. Today’s growing world is demanding more energy, as well as a path to low carbon future. For more than 100 years, the people of bp have been adapting to the globe’s constantly evolving demands. At every turn, we’re improving how we deliver heat, light and mobility to help people everywhere.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- Finance, Accounting
- Tax Advisor
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this position, push the "Jelentkezem" button, what you can find below.