User Experience Developer - 180004Q0
Job Title: Senior/Principal User Experience Designer
Oracle Applications Labs (OAL) runs the Oracle software that runs Oracle. OAL is responsible for designing, implementing, running, and improving nearly all of Oracle's Enterprise Applications: CRM, HCM, ERP/Financials, you name it. We use Oracle's own real-life business requirements as a "test bed" for innovation. We often race out ahead of standard product and build extensions and custom applications to meet the needs of our 100,000-employee, Fortune 100 company. Once proven, our ideas and innovations quickly find their way back into core product. We also ensure that Oracle is always Oracle’s best reference for our enterprise applications.
We are looking for a solid Senior/Principal UX Designer.
- Own a significant portion of the application user experience.
- Work closely with project stakeholders and the wider multidisciplinary team to ensure that requirements are translated into highly usable and compelling designs.
- Work directly with our internal end users, where appropriate, to understand their tasks and ensure we are building the right solution for the right problem!
- Rapidly iterate to validate ideas with end users and peers.
- Create deliverables that communicate design intent to both business owners and engineering teams. Typical deliverables are user flows, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes and visual designs.
- Create positive working relationships with people of varied disciplines.
- Move with ease between the different cultures of business and technology.
- Attend to details while managing tasks appropriately with larger goals in mind.
- Work independently and with teams of varying size, often with people in remote locations in different time zones.
- Guide the cross-functional team and take on complex UX project tasks across multiple projects.
- Advocate strongly for their ideas and designs.
- Switch effortlessly between various UX disciplines: user research, interaction design and visual design. In most projects, the interaction design part will have the strongest emphasis so ideally you would be “T-shaped”.
Specifically, the UX Designer will:
- Ability to work on different levels of abstraction, from designing a complex user journey to detailing a page component.
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to develop compelling user interface concepts, flows, prototypes, mockups and detailed visual design comps.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and associated design tools.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking environment and react quickly to shifting priorities.
- The desire to work on complex enterprise software as opposed to consumer apps or websites.
- Self-motivated & pro-active attitude. You will be chasing project teams to deliver the best user experience, even if not explicitly asked for.
- Strong analytical skills
- A bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, industrial design, HCI or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Some flexibility in working hours is required for conference calls spanning three continents.
- Experience designing mobile and responsive applications.
- Experience in enterprise application design e.g. financials, ERP, HCM, CRM.
- Experience in field studies, usability tests, expert reviews, surveys, and other user centered design methodologies.
- Strong visual design skills.
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Marketing, Media, PR
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediary/communicative
Redwood Shores, Budapest, Reading, Barcelona
How to apply/ contact information:
Please click the Apply button and send us your CV.