Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
Join Vodafone Hungary and build a better tomorrow!
We are looking for a
Technology Strategy Manager
for our Technology Team
At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build a better tomorrow. It is the future we have in our mind when we see the speed of technology development. There is so much creativity across the technology industry that the speed of change is increasing. We embrace the opportunities of the future and work proactively to make good use of technology. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Your place in the team
Create and manage the technology strategy local execution in alignment with VF group technology strategy and local market needs and regulations. Accountable for technology KPI definition, alignment and progression. Owns and builds strategy local framework and KPI reporting enabling a 360 degree overview of Technology Department resource allocations.
You will be involved in the following tasks
Long term strategic initiatives and Governance
- Establish and govern implementation of Group Technology strategy and European Guidance while including local market demands as well as alignment to financial and commercial plans
- Align Technology roadmap, function plans and business plans – support across-technology roadmap planning and regular business reviews
- Manage the governance of local strategic demand fulfilment (including Technology project approvals) in close alignment with OpCo Senior Management stakeholders, local business (corporate strategy, consumer/enterprise/wholesale business units), Vodafone Group Technology Competence Centers
- Identify the most important business issues or opportunities and maximize value by conducting rigorous analysis and developing strategic plans to address issues and/or seize opportunities.
- R&D cooperation with Universities and Institutions
- Prioritize technology budget (OPEX & CAPEX) within given and agreed plans ensuring efficient use of resources in alignment with finance controlling
- Ensure effective cost/benefits management of Technology investments
- Ensure budget is well distributed between transformational and business as usual activities
- Owns right End to End KPI monitoring as per Global Technology KPIs, detect negative trends and deliver customer insights based on specific customer surveys and focus group on top of NPS
- Provides thought leadership and defines strategic direction from a technical perspective
- Works with the relevant business stakeholders, tracks and measure the financial benefits from Technology investments
- Build a strategic framework to measure TD performance by enabling TD opex/capex, resources and KPI monitoring against progress, to define the value created and ensure right allocation of resources and budget.
Alignment with Vodafone Group Technology:
- Ensure local IT & network strategy compliance with Group Technology Guidance
- Cooperates with Group regarding technical information gathering and roadmap alignment
- Look at best practice across other VF OpCos and the wider industry to leverage learnings
KPIs and quality assurance:
- Ensure the production, measurement and achievement of key performance indicators to drive performance across technology department
- Review all the weekly KPIs across network and IT and engage with relevant teams when improvements are needed
- Analyse NPS reports including verbatim analysis, cross check with user experience KPIs to identify root causes of trends and work on remedial plans where necessary
- Prepare quality improvement plans and work with relevant stakeholders to carry them out and periodically communicate to business departments to agree on action plans
Driving Digital Transformation:
- Ensure proper execution of Vodafone digital strategic initiatives and drive local execution of the gigabit strategy
- Fosters a customer-focused approach and ensures effective team working; encouraging ownership and initiative as well as ensuring that lessons are learnt after failures
We are looking for you if you have
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science, Engineering or Economics
- Strong oral and verbal English knowledge
- At least 7 years working experience in mobile/fix telecommunication, excellent understanding of telecom network and/or IT aspects
- Experience of analyzing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- Must have knowledge in several networks domains including:
- mobile access, fixed access, services network slicing, MEC,
- OSS, network management systems, service assurance
- APIs, Network APIs, Network as a Platform
- Automation, Analytics, AI and platform models
- Familiarity with Enterprise services/ platforms such as SDWAN, IoT, MPN
- Experience in digital transformation, technology innovation and ecosystems, AI/ML, Cloud strategy is an advantage
- Experience in agile transformation, agile operating model, Continuous integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) design and implementation, DevSecOps is an advantage.
- Lead technical expert. Provides thought leadership and defines strategic direction from a technical perspective.
- Fosters a strong team environment that promotes successful delivery in a fast paced environment
- Proven experience in coaching and developing team members
- Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in a persuasive and convincing manner
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new business domains and technologies
- Ability to support budget management
- Strong inter-personal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact at all levels, building and strengthening positive relationships at every touch point
- Displays Energy and passion to achieve and exceed stretching objectives often delivering within tight timescales
Diversity and Inclusion
Vodafone is a company that values diversity. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. Our aim is to build a culture where no one will be discriminated based on either their gender, age, cultural background or sexual identity, orientation. Vodafone is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT, Telecom Manager
- IT Development
- Project Management
- 5-10 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!