MSCI has acquired several different Data and Analytics companies over the past few years. In order to leverage all of this intellectual capital, MSCI has embarked on an ambitious program to create a next generation DSL which merges not only these companies IP, but also allows for 3rd parties to dynamically contribute their data and analytics to what we believe will be the first true Financial Analytics platform in the market.
The project we are hiring for is to create a new platform that harnesses data and analytics from these different systems and provides unified output to our clients. This new platform will be more efficient than the current systems, offering advanced analysis capabilities on current and historical data. A flexible engine is being written using advanced functional features as well as the development of a new large-scale data store. We have a team in Budapest that is responsible for building the GUI, and the Team in London is building the full middle/back end of the platform, including the development of the Domain Specific Logic.
- Producing outstanding product documentation and learning materials for both internal and external use.
- Writing training materials for internal and external use.
- Writing/editing a manual for an internally developed computing language.
- Improving existing documentation on system structure/architecture.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in an Engineering or Computer Science field.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- The ideal candidate will have financial markets experience and ideally have previously used complex risk systems.
- Ability to express complex technical specifications clearly.
- Comfortable working with APIs and writing API documentation.
- Working in an agile environment where change happens fast.
- Experience working in a software development environment next to active developers.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Quick to pick up abstract mathematical ideas/concepts and then to be able to express those clearly to others.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Manage updates and revisions to documentation.
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.