HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
SQE Engineer - Business Unit Interface
- Work within cross functional project teams at Harman to ensure, that the purchased parts in compliance with the specifications from the beginning of series delivery up to hand over to SQA (PPAP release, APQP process). Determine and drive preventive actions of quality assurance.
- Maintenance of quality related data for the suppliers in SAP until hand over to SQA staff. (usually at internal SOP)
- Participation at the process for the Supplier Assessment System. Coordination and execution of Supplier Assessment to identify good supplier performance and/or any possible deficiencies, so that appropriate measures can be taken. Internal and external communication of the result of the Supplier Assessment.
- Ensure that suppliers use appropriate statistical methods for significant characteristics at product and process controls. Correlate supplier and Harman measurement methods to insure resilient inspection results.
- Coordination of change requests or product termination from suppliers in consideration to the impact for the Harman product and finally for our customer (minor or major change).
- Monitoring supplier quality performance during mass production through the utilization of data-driven measurements, that are clear and effective, statistical methods and tracking the measurements. Insure suppliers provide appropriate action plans to resolve performance deficiency when expectations are not achieved.
- Complete audits at assigned suppliers according to internal procedure of Harman.
- Representation of SQE-E-tasks at internal and external process and system audits.
- Active participation and representation of SQE on Team-1 Project meetings, successful launch of new Projects by coordinating SQE tasks and communicating with Responsibles.
- Regular Reporting of the status and progression of new Projects, escalating significant isses to upper Management and actively participating in Problem resolution process.
- Engineering education
- Knowledge of automotive standards, i.e IATF 16949, 8D, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Pareto, CP, MSA, VDA 6.3
- Some years of working experience in quality and manufacturing processes
- Experience in automotive industry
- Strong experience in quality problem solving
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication, coordination, analytical and teamwork skills
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Be a part of an international team working with the world’s largest automotive manufacturers
- Attractive salary package
- Extensive technical trainings
- Career development opportunities
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN (JBL®, AKG®, HARMAN Kardon®) and Samsung products
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online which will take approx. 3 min to fill out the form and upload your documents.
HARMAN is and Equal Opportunity / Affirmantive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, or disability. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve with HARMAN!