Cognoid // [ 'cog-noyd] //noun
Highly skilled and highly motivated members of the Cognex team. Dreamers and doers. Inventors with a passion for reimagining the world through the creative use of leading-edge technology.
We are looking for creative, bright, motivated Cognoids who share our passion for excellence and want to make an impact at a dynamic, global company.
FOR CURRENT UNDERGRAD SENIOR OR MASTERS STUDENTS
Start Date: March or July 2020
Software Engineering Graduate Program
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GRADUATE PROGRAM
Cognex invests in talent. One way we do this is through our Software Engineering Graduate Program, a full-time paid opportunity for recent university graduates (BS, MS). This program is designed to train and engage emerging engineering professionals that are interested in a Software Development track. You will learn industrial software development, Cognex products & core technologies and the interpersonal skills needed to advance your career in the fast-paced world of technology. This program seeks to cultivate highly skilled, productive and committed Cognoids who will help lead Cognex’s future success. Program participants will develop software skills, increase their technical competence and gain application and product knowledge by working on engineering projects. Each candidate hired into the program will be able to make immediate contributions to the business.
Software Development Qualifications:
Cognex is looking for well-rounded, intelligent, creative and motivated engineering candidates with a passion for getting results. Individuals with these characteristics will allow Cognex to develop a successful engineering team and continue to lead the machine vision marketplace.
- High energy and motivated independent learner
- Team player who can work effectively with cross functional teams and willing to take the initiative to address problems without hesitation
- Drives change with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with embedded systems, Linux, networking, wireless communications, vision / image-processing all valuable
- Experience with agile methodologies valuable
Education and Experience Required:
- Open to Undergraduate Seniors or Masters’ students graduating in February or June 2020 [Program start date: March or July 2020]
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer, or similar required
- Ability to program in at least one programming language
Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over 800 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called "Cognoids" take their work seriously, but not themselves. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance, and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
- IT Development
- Project Management
- Tester, Test Engineer
- professional experience is not required
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
If you enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from working together to create products that solve tough problems for organizations around the world, apply directly so you can become part of our team!