Bring your curiosity to life.
The Life Science Business Unit of Sigma-Aldrich Kft -Merck’s Hungarian subsidiary is looking for a
Software Engineer Java - Lab Productivity (all genders)
for office based position, working in Budapest
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You are a software developer/engineer, eager to work on solutions that help scientists in laboratories around the world transition to a more digital way of working. As a Java software developer, you will join a selected team of highly skilled developers and engineers creating cutting-edge digital products in the laboratory informatics space. The products you will be working on make scientific data more readily accessible for ease of integration, collaboration, analysis and long-term archiving. Your position includes improving existing systems and components and creating new systems, based on a scalable microservices architecture. You'll be working as part of a highly engaged team in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment using latest technologies with the opportunity to learn something new every day.
Who you are:
- University degree in Computer Science or comparable and ideally experience as a Software Developer for distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of Java, JUnit, XML, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, JPA/Hibernate, SQL, REST and ideally RabbitMQ, WebSockets, Selenium, Guice
- Experience with Git, Maven and ideally with JIRA, Confluence, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB
- (Optional) Experience with DevOps practices and tools for Continuous Integration/Deployment such as GitLab CI/CD or Hudson/Jenkins
- Joy at test-driven development and code reviews and a passion for high-quality code
- Fluent English is required, German language skills are a plus
- A team player, always eager to learn new skills and technologiesAdvantages
What we offer:
At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
You can apply with the „jelentkezem” button underneath.