Apply for Software Engineer, Associate – Aladdin Client & Sales Solutions Team
BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges
About this role
The ACSS team provides technology solutions for our sales and service teams enabling them to deliver exceptional client service and drive client outcomes. We provide these solutions via a suite of intuitive web apps, application servers, workflow engines, data stores and APIs delivering a scalable and resilient platform that supports our growth. Our team is global and diverse and part of a world-class technology organization delivering our Aladdin technology platform to BlackRock – the world’s largest asset manager – and over 200 commercial clients.
Your purpose and responsibilities
We understand that successful engineers are curious and want to evolve through learning and applying themselves to new areas. In ACSS you have the choice of where to start your journey. Following are three core journeys to explore, one for a Web Developer and two for Full-Stack Engineers:
Gateway, our client service portal, enables our clients to easily and securely interact with BlackRock. Our clients receive timely insights and analytics into their investments, can place and review orders, exchange documentation, receive service notifications, and much more. Choosing to start your journey in our Gateway web development team you will use your imagination, technical ambitions and innovation to deliver on our world class digital client service strategy.
TeamWorld, our sales and service platform, delivers a global view of our clients helping us to deliver on our promises – efficiently and effectively. Choosing to start your journey with our TeamWorld sales and service team you will use your engineering excellence and technical ambitions to identify and progress client opportunities and generate service efficiencies – ensuring BlackRock is agile, informed and responsive.
Underpinning our platform is Aladdin Portfolio Services supporting the setup and ongoing care and maintenance of every portfolio for every client – the very heart of our commercial Aladdin platform. Choosing to start your journey in our Portfolio Services team you will have the opportunity to use your engineering excellence and technical ambitions to create resilient, scalable and open APIs, intuitive user interfaces, and apply machine learning methods to improve operational efficiency.
Choosing the Gateway Developer Journey, you will;
- Deliver Gateway, our client service portal, to BlackRock’s Institutional Client base working on the frontend or backend,
- exceed our client’s expectations by collaborating with our UI/UX team to provide a best-in-class digital client experience,
- work with Information Security to ensure our Web applications and servers satisfy our client’s trust and confidence,
- engineer business services and APIs foundational to a high-quality and data-driven product,
- strive to meet deadlines and always look for ways to optimize processes in future cycles.
Choosing a Full-Stack Engineering Journey, you will;
- Design, document, develop and deliver well-defined APIs and business services foundational to our sales and service platform or portfolio services ecosystem,
- deliver external client-facing APIs driving our Open Aladdin strategy and supporting the commercial Aladdin development community,
- help deliver our cloud-based platform transformation to ensure our services are highly scalable, supportable and relevant for the growth of BlackRock’s business and our 200 commercial Aladdin clients,
- work closely with the Global Aladdin engineering team, business stakeholders, end users, and our Aladdin Client teams on solutions that meet internal BlackRock and commercial Aladdin requirements,
- partner with web developers and product managers to ensure API solutions sufficiently support business workflows,
- build services for managing high-quality datasets exposed for internal and external consumption by downstream users and applications,
- also strive to meet deadlines and always look for ways to optimize processes in future cycles.
You May Have:
- UI coding skills in a JS/TypeScript-based framework, ideally Angular or React
- Experience in Java frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Experience working with mono-repos, understanding tooling (Nx)
- Java coding skills, object-oriented programming, design patterns, APIs
- Experience in Java-based backend-technologies
- Experience of reactive programming, REST
- Understanding of micro-frontends
- Experience with Open-Source tools, such as Spring, Hibernate, Junit, Kafka, Solr, Maven
- Solid knowledge and experience developing and working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Sybase)
- Knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, data modeling)
- Containers, K8s
- Azure DevOps
- Experience working in an agile environment
About Our Aladdin Product Group:
- We grow technology leaders. You can build solutions which power both BlackRock and over 100 of the top global corporations through the same Aladdin ecosystem
- We create solutions which are disrupting in Fin Tech through innovation, efficiency and scale.
- A diverse team of world class software solutions experts who share a common goal of building the best and most innovative solutions to drive our business
- An agile environment for you to excel at what you do best
- A place where you can deliver value from day one and grow your skills and career
- We currently use Java, Python, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, a whole host of languages and many other open source technologies
- A belief in writing small testable software with a focus on incremental innovation. We are committed to open source and we regularly contribute our work back to the community
- An awesome and inclusive culture. From the top of the firm down we embrace the values, identities and ideas brought by our employees.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hiring philosophy
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
As a job seeker, I was a curious person who was looking to learn new things and build technologies that served a real purpose, so finding a job at BlackRock was perfect for me.