MOZAIK KIADÓ Kft.
Site Reliability Engineer
Mozaik Education (Mozaik Kiadó), established 30 years ago, is Hungary’s largest private textbook publishing company. It has won several national and European awards for its textbooks and other publications. Mozaik has started developing and distributing digital educational solutions 12 years ago; by now, these are used day by day by hundreds of thousands of teachers and students in more than 45 countries and in more than 40 languages. The goal of the mozaWeb educational platform is to make learning more exciting and more efficient. Reaching this goal is ensured by more than 1,200 interactive 3D scenes, 120 thematic, skill developing tools and games, educational videos, digital textbooks, an interactive test editor, as well as homework, classwork and numerous other functions.
Mozaik is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer, who would manage our infrastructure, providing a highly available and scalable platform to serve our customers on multiple installation locations all around the world. In this position you would provide resources and solutions for the engineers to help diagnose production issues, and provide guidance on improving the availability and performance of our services. This requires also to develop various systems, tools and automation solutions to help and make it easier for the engineers to deploy services in a fast, automated and reliable fashion and operate them with the highest stability and availability.
In this role you will:
In this role you will:
- Build, scale and support high availability Debian Linux based systems on prem, and in the cloud environments for both the production and staging domains
- Leverage and improve automation to replace manual tasks and improve efficiency and consistency
- Collaborate with other engineers to help them deploy and monitor systems that are reliable, performant, and secure
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Manage security, availability, and performance monitoring for all services to identify and resolve issues ideally before they happen
- Write and maintain documentation for systems provided to the engineers
- Help and work with other teams in troubleshooting and solving failures and performance problems
- Ensure that the critical data is secured, and backing up solutions are in place and working
- Improve security and maintainability by introducing new practices and procedures with the teams
- Write and learn from post-mortems
- Participate in code reviews with the teams
- Advise on and write infrastructure / hardware / VM specification depending on deployment needs
- Deploy and manage internally used services (e.g. GitLab, Rocket Chat)
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with virtualisation system (like Xen, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Docker or other container systems
- Experience with operating large PHP based systems on-prem
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or similar.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, or similar
- Proven skills with Linux or UNIX systems and related protocols/softwares with 3+ years’ experience
- A command of Linux systems including troubleshooting, memory management, tuning, I/O subsystem, RAID, and security
- Experience with CI/CD tools, like Jenkins and GitLab CI
- Experience with load balancing solutions and major servers like nginx and Apache
- Programming aptitude in Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Zabbix, Prometheus, or Nagios
- Working knowledge of relational database systems such as MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL
- Experience with non-relational database systems like Memcached and Redis
- A 4 year engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience with cloud providers (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- 3-5 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
6720 Szeged, Somogyi utca 20.
How to apply/ contact information:
Please send your English CV.