Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Senior Strategic Buyer
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for handling the sourcing process for our plant in Gyor. Interface with external global suppliers, Product Engineering, and Production is critical to ensure a high level of support to satisfy the internal customers.
Your key delivarebles:
- Perform material procurement and cost productivity activities focusing on goods in the local site
- Conduct procurement activities for strategic commodities directed and managed by Procurement EMEA, including execute category strategies, policies, and guidance
- Actively support new product and program introductions with the local functions, both automotive and industrial
- Define and implement sourcing strategies, including portfolio analysis, supply base and supply chain optimization
- Coordinate and perform sourcing activities in different projects, such as: product development, VAVE (Value Analysis/ Value Engineering)
- Identify internal customer requirements and collaborate with internal customers, represent the company to the external suppliers Actively search for suppliers, processes and tools for assigned commodities, goods
- Coordinate with all other counterparts and stakeholders to determine supplier performance
- Negotiate and sign off on Supplier Contracts as per delegation of authority
- Develop and maintain the supplier base
- Actively communicate with local and corporate functions
- Search information about financial status, legal irregularities, sustainability
- Support business continuity projects
- Maintain ERP system and documentation
- Educated at Bachelor degree? (engineering is preferred)
- Possessing relevant professional experience in a manufacturing environment?
- Ready and able to work independently, with minimum supervision?
- Strong communicator, with ability to work with people at multiple levels?
- A Hands-on person and Change Management agent?
- Fluent in English language?
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Transportation, Procurement, Logistics
- Economization, Procurement
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
Then we want to hear about you!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matter
Required language level:
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.