Join Vodafone Hungary and build a better tomorrow!
We are looking for a
Senior Software Engineer (android) - 257360
for our Technology Team
At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build a better tomorrow. It is the future we have in our mind when we see the speed of technology development. There is so much creativity across the technology industry that the speed of change is increasing. We embrace the opportunities of the future and work proactively to make good use of technology. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Your place in the team
Completes mobile application developments (Android) by coordinating requirements, schedules and activities, contributing to team meetings , troubleshooting development, test and production issues across multiple environments and operating platforms.. Supports testing activities and handover to Operation Department. Activities include 3rd line maintenance, issue and incident tracking aligned with SLA’s. Updates knowledge by researching new technologies and software products.
You will be involved in the following tasks
- Design and implement native mobile application (Android) to support business requirements
- Support MobileApp Back-end team
- Participates in every aspect of development and implementation, working with end users (product owners) to fully understand business requirements
- Ensure compliance with Vodafone policies and procedures
- Prepare high and low level technical documentation
- Estimate the development effort by requirements and projects
- Work in teams using various development methodologies – agile (SCRUM), waterfall.
- Support testing activities (functional and non-functional tests in all relevant project phases)
- Investigate and fix defects and incidents during development and application lifecycle
- Minor/major software architecture-related decisions independently
- Participate in publication process of Android mobile application
- Support DevOps team in CI/CD design
We are looking for you if you have
- IT specific university degree OR developer qualification
- 5+ years experience in software industry
- 3+ years of professional native Android experience
- Agile Development Methodologies, ideally SCRUM
- Experience in Java, Kotlin
- Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Unit testing, including use of mocking frameworks
- Deep knowledge of Network Communication/Integration solutions (SOAP, REST JSON)
- Good knowledge of English both spoken and written
- Knowledge of CI/CD supporting tools (Jenkins, Docker, Automic, Artifactory, Bitbucket)
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps in general.
- Able to identify and re-factor incorrect architectures in unfamiliar codes
Diversity and Inclusion
Vodafone is a company that values diversity. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. Our aim is to build a culture where no one will be discriminated based on either their gender, age, cultural background or sexual identity, orientation. Vodafone is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
1096 Budapest, Lechner Ödön fasor 6.
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „jelentkezem” button underneath.