Tech People is a European provider of technical skills permanent recruitment and temporary contracting services for multiple industries.
Our client is the biggest ICT service company in Hungary. Within a broad portfolio of ICT consultation services, they concentrate on the management and outsourcing of IT solutions, and also development and system integration. The company continuously develops its sites in Budapest and Debrecen, and provides job opportunities for IT professionals.
Senior Public Cloud Engineer (JI)
- As Senior Public Cloud engineer you understand the latest developments in the field of Cloud for Windows and Linux, you understand the Cloud network concept and you drive the further development of the OpenStack Cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of our customers and the OpenSource community.
- You will drive the further development of the Open Telekom Cloud towards PaaS and SaaS services using agile development methods (DevOps).
- Planning of the individual product features according to strategic specifications
- Technical and schedule coordination
- Coordination of future PaaS / SaaS features (e.g. Serverless, Edge, Hybrid)
- Programming prototypes for proof-of-concepts and / or new services
- You do not do a test manually twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You work enthusiastically and hands-on directly on the technology.
- You will solve complicated problems in daily operations and implement solutions so that errors do not occur again.
- You take care of an adequate monitoring in your area of responsibility and develop tests for our quality assurance.
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of Public Cloud, Open Source and Security.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on Cloud Technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Kubernetes, Terraform) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- Strong experience in infrastructure automation with Ansible, Ansible Tower and/or AWX or other comparable frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt).
- Practical experience in setting up an OpenStack-based cloud.
- In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker).
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, Systemtools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- Daily routine in handling the Linux-/Unix command line
- Good knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close interaction of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps, CI/CD, CT).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- Detailed knowledge of software development with Python and at least one other language (e.g. Go).
- Business fluent English, written and spoken.
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers.
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
Working hours: Mon-Fri, normal business hours
Job opportunity: employee position