Central European University Private University (Vienna)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full- or Part-time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The Central European University Private University in Vienna (CEU) invites applications for a Senior Lawyer position.
Work in close cooperation with/under the instruction of CEU’s Legal Director in the following matters:
- Preparing legal advice to support the daily operation of the University and its related corporate entities in Austria
- Liaising with the Austrian courts and administrative bodies, external advisors and business partners
- Drafting/reviewing legal documents related to various areas of law
- Drafting/reviewing internal institutional policies
- Legal research and monitoring of changes in applicable Austrian legal regulations
- Austrian university degree in law and bar exam
- 5+ years post-graduation work experience gained at a recognized international law firm and/or as in-house lawyer at a multinational company/international environment
- Expertise in Austrian corporate, commercial, and employment law
- Knowledge of Austrian laws around non-profit institutions, as well as of legislation pertaining to higher education and scientific research is an advantage
- Experience in data privacy is an advantage
- Full proficiency in written and spoken legal English and German
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior aptitude for developing working relationships with a broad range of professionals and stakeholders at multiple levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger legal team
- Hard working and creative to meet the challenges within a complex academic environment with a focus on problem solving
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines with competing demands and to cope with high workload
The appointment will be in Vienna; occasional consultations and project meetings might be required also in Budapest.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
- Law, Legal Advisory
- Solicitor, Legal Advisor, Legal Counsellor
- 5-10 years professional experience
- University degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for two referees.
Please send your complete application package via:
the"Jelentkezem" button - including job code in subject line: 2020/068.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at our website.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.