Senior GL Accountant
Flowserve is looking for a Senior General Ledger Accountant to join a growing Shared Service Center for a $4.0Bn Global US based company. The Shared Service Center is based in Budapest and serves the North American and EMEA region.
You would have the opportunity to travel abroad (Europe and United States), and work with the latest SAP/S4 HANA and other ERP systems. Use your language skills on a daily basis and build professional relationships around the world.
- As a senior member of the team - transition general ledger responsibilities from US or EU sites into the Shared Service Center in Debrecen.
- Manage complex accounting, month end closing processes and account reconciliations under US-GAAP.
- Work with the team and site controllers to ensure accurate and controlled financial statements for their site.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Ensure effective internal controls for the assigned accounting areas.
- Be a key team member driving continuous improvement.
- Work cross functionally to ensure end-to-end processes work within the assigned region or sites.
- Maintain a good relationship with site leadership to ensure a healthy service level.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting required. Chartered Accountant, CPA or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years’ experience is required, (2+ years in a Shared Service center is a plus)
- US GAAP and IFRS knowledge preferred.
- Strong general accounting knowledge and understanding of financial processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and another language a plus.
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 15 %
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- Finance, Accounting
- Financial Assistant
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
Please click the Apply button and send us your CV.