Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
Senior GL accountant
As part of the global closing process the accountant is performing various closing related activities that may include: posting GL transactions (calculated or received from Business Units), manage fixed assets transactions including depreciation run, support quality and timely month end/year end close processes, provide audit support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
- Acts as a single point of the managed entity, have full E2E ownership and responsibility RTR related activities both for local standards and USGAAP
- Responsible for high level review of the Entity Financial Statements after the closing.
- Review entity level closing checks.
- Posting standard and non-standard Journal entries.
- Calculate and post capitalized interest.
- Process various calculations and journal entries including accruals in compliance with company standards and met the quality and timely expectations.
- Prepare Journal Entry items for further approval.
- Process several reconciliations: AP/AR, Interests, Service fees, dividends, prepare Intercompany reconciliations and balance confirmation.
- Prepare investment, equity, APIC, Sales, COGS, PPV reconciliations, account reconciliations.
- Perform non-standard Billing and verification.
- Run deferred account management.
- Review and approve capital projects involved in capital projects reporting.
- Involved in fixed assets management: capitalization, retirement, fixed assets reporting.
- Involved in standard IPC eliminations.
- Involved in Joint Venture activities.
- Complete SOX documentations.
- Complete and verify government reporting.
- Prepare statutory financial statements (if relevant), support statutory financials audit activities.
- Confirm PA & FI standard gross profit tie-out, research differences across SAP modules, identify root cause and coordinate corrections with appropriate sources
- Provide oversight and local currency reasonableness check to settlement of capital project WBS elements, correction of corrupted WBS elements, posting of US GAAP and STAT depreciation and posting of non-depreciation asset activities (ASKB)
- Contributes goals to be achieved in any other tasks which are delegated by the Manager, Team Lead.
- Qualifications College or university degree preferably in finance/accountancy
- Experience Min. 3-4 years in the relevant field (GL transactions, accounting or finance)
- IFRS and /or EU GAAP experience, exposure to US GAAP is a plus
- Advanced communication level in English (both written and verbal)
- Other European language knowledge Advantage
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Having good understanding of GL transactional processes
- Attitude & disposition Logical thinking and pay attention to the details under pressure as well
- High tolerance for monotony
- Good time-manager and be able to organize his/her day-to-day tasks
- Supportive attitude
- Good interpersonal skills Desirable
- Other circumstances Complete competency check within probation period (min. 85%)
- Finance, Accounting
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „jelentkezem” button underneath.