Tech People is a European provider of technical skills permanent recruitment and temporary contracting services for multiple industries.
Our client is an international shared services provider with offices in all over the globe.
We are now searching for a
Senior Engineer - Hardware - Public Cloud (MI)
- You take care of the structured expansion of our data centers with new Hardware.
- You ensure the safe operation of our platform despite hyper-scale growth.
- You coordinate service providers, e.g. for construction, maintenance and data protection services.
- You qualify new hardware and develop standards for Server, Storage and Network Hardware for roll-out in our data centers.
- You are responsible for accurate asset management.
- You take care of site management in our data centers.
- You develop the Hardware architecture of the platform in cooperation with the manufacturer.
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other teams on the technology topics of public cloud, open source and security.
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience.
- 7-15 years of professional experience in the ICT area, ideally with a focus on modern cloud technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based) and in-depth experience in building and operating data centers.
- In-depth knowledge of Server, Storage and Network Equipment in data centers.
- Many years of experience in at least two of the following areas: enterprise server solutions, enterprise storage solutions, rack-level power design / management, complex network cabling design.
- In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker).
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, Systemtools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- Very good knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Knowledge in automation, e.g. Ansible.
- Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving them.
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
Job opportunity: full time, employee position
Location: Budapest, Hungary