Senior Database Administrator
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas. At SAP Hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills. Currently we are building the Cloud Operations organization for SAP Hybris in Budapest - be one of the first in our location to contribute to that in our location.
As a Cloud Database Administrator within the Hybris Cloud Services Operations and Infrastructure Team, you will be responsible for the support and administration of our database servers landscape and services. Leveraging best of breed technologies, you will have a direct impact on the company’s ability to succeed.
- Provisioning and support various database environments
- Providing assistance to customers in resolving issues and performance bottleneck
- Providing reporting on various metrics: availability, usage and performance
- Supporting performance testing and application benchmarking activities
- Continuous improvement of existing processes and standards
- Participating in documenting and improving our processes
- Providing recommendations and guidance for improvements of our design
- Working in standard working hours with rotational oncall (senior Candidates) or 24/7 shift rotation (intermediate Candidates) - depending on the skills, seniority of the chosen Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a database engineer/administrator, including DB migration and performance tuning.
- Good knowledge of Oracle database products
- Good knowledge of scripting languages/automation
- Excellent English communication skills, both team and customer facing
Nice to have:
- Experience with SAP HANA database
- Knowledge of virtualization technology like VMware is a plus
- Experience with other Databases as MSSQL, mySQL and/or Mongo DB
- Previous experience with cloud environments
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- IT Development
- Database Expert
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.