Senior Consultant/Consultant - DevOps Cloud Engineer
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Our DevOps Cloud Engineering team in Budapest is a specialized capability within our Global Enterprise Application Management practice with the aim of driving our customers to adapt the most advanced DevOps and Release Management practices to increase quality, efficiency and speed with every change deployments.
As a DevOps Cloud Engineer, you will join a small team of strategic thinkers with a passion for helping the largest customers in the Life-Sciences industry innovate on the way they work. With your daily work, you will be directly contributing into the long-term environment health and positive end-user experience of large global user communities.
You will initially cover DevOps responsibilities on the Salesforce platform (CRM), and we will also rely on you to help shape our strategy, methodology and DevOps approach for Veeva’s more recently released cloud platforms as well, such as Vault Development Cloud.
Services are delivered from our Budapest office, working off-site with multiple global clients, however occasionally on-site consulting activities may (very rarely) occur. Qualified candidates will be located in Budapest, Hungary but all EU nationalities or EU work permit holders are welcome to our multi-cultural team.
If this sounds like you, we would love to consider you for the role of Senior Consultant or Consultant (seniority will depend on your level of experience) on our team.
What You'll Do
- Provide release management, technical cutover, environment management and infrastructure automation services
- Manage meta-data and setup data deployment activities for Customer’s internal Releases Cycles
- Analysis and deployment of new product features
- Setup and manage our internal Continuous Integration servers on AWS
- Maintenance and creation of Production, QA and Developer environments
- Creation of migration packages for meta-data deployments
- Provide expert input into setting up new customer’s environment management strategy
- Contribute into internal development projects to implement new, innovative deployment tools that increase quality, efficiency and speed of deployments
- Occasional knowledge transfer and ad-hoc training of customer employees
- 3+ years professional experience
- Understanding relational databases (SQL), Version Control, API principles, Continuous Integration, XML and package automation
- Being able to work on complex projects involving different teams, occasionally in customer facing roles
- Understanding development lifecycle (from Requirement Definition to Maintenance)
- Creative handling of errors previously not seen
- Attention to details and accurate in execution
- Comfortable in working with methodological procedures
- Fluent in English (intermediate/communication)
Nice to Have:
- Veeva CRM, Force.com or any other cloud platform knowledge
- Eclipse knowledge
- Apache Ant, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, Selenium, Gitlab
- Programming or Code Reviewing skills (Java, HTML, Apex, Rest API etc.)
- Project management experience
- Additional European language(s)
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Work from home opportunity
- Business Supporting Centres
- IT Support
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
Budapest, 1123 Alkotás utca 50.
How to apply/ contact information:
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.