- Does team coaching and coaching individuals give you energy?
- Do you have experience with complex data center infrastructure or relevant other IT experience in combination with an eagerness to continuously learn?
- Are you excited to work in an international context managing the foundations of our IT?
- You are not afraid to take responsibility on delivery and quality of some of the most critical services within IT?
- Are constructive criticism and creativity in your nature?
- Are you looking to develop your potential and work in a continuously changing environment?
- Are you a flexible problem solver not afraid to dive into technical content and problems?
Answered YES to these questions? Then keep on reading, because you could be just the candidate we are looking for.
We are looking for a scrum master for one of our teams within the Group Data Center department. Our international teams work together as part of an Agile Release Train in a 3-monthly cadence to deliver the required infrastructure, capacity, software, frameworks and standards, integration patterns and security aspects. The Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. He/she increases team efficiency, helps the team to solve issues, motivates the team, strives for changes that will ensure quality and timelines. Next to that our scrum masters, together with their team, are responsible to guarantee qualitative operations for the services in their domain.
Where is this function positioned?
Group Data Centers (GDC) is responsible for the management of the core data center infrastructure in the 4 data center locations Mechelen, Leuven (BE), Baracska, Törökbálint (HU) of the KBC Group. From the SaRIS (Secure and Reliable Infrastructure Services) valuestream we offer the data center hosting and data center platform solutions.
We manage the physical hardware (racks, servers, …) and cabling inside the data centers
We provide computing (virtualized) hardware, backup and storage
We provide connectivity inside the datacenter and with the outside world through routing, switching, firewalling, load balancing, DDoS protection, ...
We provide secure access to applications in the datacenter through reverse proxy, API gateway and federated authentication solutions.
What will you do in this job?
The Scrum Master’s primary responsibility is growing and assisting a self-organizing, self-managing team to achieve its goals:
- You are a servant leader and coach for an Agile Team (15-20 persons).
- You help to educate the team in agile and SAFe, ensuring that the agreed Agile process is being followed.
- You help to remove impediments and you foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
- You work in close cooperation with the Product Owner and System Architect, and assist him/her in preparing and refining the backlog for the different planning cycles.
- You moderate team level agile ceremonies such as retrospectives, sprint & iteration planning, daily huddles.
- You seek and learn from feedback, as well do you provide feedback to your team.
- You take up the role as HR responsible for the members of your team.
- You contribute to the Agile Release Train and GDC's leadership team.
- (BSc/MSc) Degree, preferably in IT
- Functional knowledge of IT infrastructure (server, network device, storage, etc.)
- At least 5 years professional experience
- Experience in working in a larger, complex and/or international environment
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile for Enterprises) or other agile methodologies
- Relevant experience in managing an IT development/operations team, preferably as a scrum master
- Excellent communication in English, both orally and in writing
- Having led a team with different nationalities is a plus
Your key strengths?
You are a friendly communicator with excellent communication skills who shows courage to challenge existing imperfections and to experiment.
- Based on trust you motivate and inspire the team to go the extra mile.
- You apply your personal coaching skills to make your people grow.
- You are open for new ideas and insights,
- You show low tolerance for organizational impediments.
- IT Development
- Project Management