For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Scala Developer (Associate/Senior Associate)
MSCI is looking for experienced Scala/Java professionals to join the global development team working on MSCI's next generation Analytics platform. The candidate will be part of a team responsible for developing services for the new UI application using the Scala development language. The team is entirely based in Budapest, and works with the other project teams in London, New York, Berkeley and Budapest. The project is run using the Agile methodology, with individual teams organized in Scrums that roll up into a Scrum of Scrums using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Working on innovative financial applications.
- Working on implementations adhering to product specifications, functionality and underlying analytics Interacting with project leads, QA and management.
- Designing and implementing core functionalities to lead the next generation application liaising with members of the global team involved in the project.
- Optimizing threading and memory usage.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Scala or Java.
- Good understanding of object oriented programming and design.
- Deep knowledge in JVM concurrency and the Java memory model.
- Strong problem solving and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Fluency in English.
- Nice to have: Experience with Akka actors.
- Knowledge of finance/equity and financial data is a plus.
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem” button underneath.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.