For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
SALES SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
This role is ideally suited to an analytical individual who has demonstrated interest and experience in global investing, capital markets and the asset management industry.
In an exciting and dynamic environment, as an MSCI Sales Support you are responsible for assisting our Sales Coverage and Clients in expanding and increasing the usage of the industry-leading suite of products and services that support the integration of MSCI data and services into investment decisions. Opportunities for growth lie within the Client Coverage Team in the EMEA region.
- Supporting a team of Sales Specialists in their sales efforts:
- Prioritizing demands from the Sales Specialists and coordinating with the other departments: Legal, Sales Operations, Finance to ensure timely execution
- Qualifying sales leads who contact MSCI
- Preparing index data and analyses. This might include pro-actively seeking support and data from other departments in the company
- Coordinating contract preparation and following through to ensure delivery of the data
- Actively contributing to revenue generation:
- Independent management of custom index sales cycle (understanding client requirements, checking feasibility and pricing with internal teams, coordinating the preparation of contracts)
- Identification of unlicensed deals
- Pre-sales: reviewing accounts and supporting the creation of sales proposals
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- Assisting in sales campaigns carried out by the sales teams. This may include:
- Using internal databases to prepare revenue analysis to aid contract negotiations
- Preparing market analysis to aid sales efforts
- Calling prospective clients
- Informing our clients about the latest improvements to our products
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by line manager
- Develop strong relationships with clients and balance client needs with the Firm’s resources and constraints
- Understand and address clients’ changing needs and expectations and take initiative to improve the client experience and deliver outstanding service
- Utilize industry resources to stay abreast of the most current financial services trends and sales methods
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Economics, Finance)
- CFA, FRM certificate would be an advantage
- 2-5 year of professional work experience
- Strong interest in financial markets and products
- Very strong English (German or French Language knowledge is an advantage)
- Superior communication and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects independently
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work individually and within a team
- Familiar with MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- Business Supporting Centres
- Sales Support
- Sales, Trade
- Financial Services Sales
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.