Our brands in CE
About the position
Sony Pictures Television’s Research department is a global team with staff in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The team is responsible for supporting SPT’s channels, content sales and international production businesses, with market and audience based quantitative and qualitative research, across all international territories for all television platforms.
This newly created position plays a key role in providing strategic analysis to Sony’s businesses in the EMEA region and highlights the growing importance of data driven insights within the organisation. Based in Budapest the role will be key in delivering insights for the region and interpreting global trends.
The role will be working across projects involving; consumer behaviour, landscape trends, linear and digital direct to consumer brands, transactional and subscription models, in-region content productions and large content licensing agreements.
- Oversee and support the delivery of high-caliber insights to SPT’s networks in the region. Leverage an understanding of the specific business challenges and landscape to apply research-led solutions that are actionable and measurable.
- Lead the creation of research that drives content licensing sales. Specifically supporting large sales markets, key new and library content across both TV shows and films.
- Collaborate with commercial teams and Research colleagues to understand and utilise over-arching consumer trends, driving physical and digital retail sales for SPT. Oversee integration of insight generation for digital retail sales and digital subscription business models.
- Use expertise in SPT Research’s tools and third-party datasets to aid activities relating to SPT’s international production businesses.
- This role will be a heavily involved with strategically important Research projects in the region and will require both strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and good external relationships with third party suppliers.
- Develop and manage efficient working processes enabling your team to deliver on the department objectives.
- Act as a central point of best practice for the regional team and lead a knowledge sharing agenda. Specific strengths should include communicating research effectively, interpreting and applying research methodologies and simplifying project briefs.
- BA or MA degree
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role or within the relevant media industry.
- English essential, other European languages may be beneficial but are not required.
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction using research findings and to communicate project results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organisation, be that verbally in formal presentations, using visualisation tools or via email.
- Experience in managing deadlines and prioritising workload of a team, developing staff, teamworking and effective communication.
- Expert in using TV Ratings data in a media business context. Strong interest in the evolution of TV Measurement methods including time shifted and multiplatform measurement. Eagerness to innovate new approaches to answer business questions.
- Passion for the film and television industry, particularly Hollywood movies and U.S. TV series. Including knowledge of production industry, trends and talent.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and Excel skills with the demonstrated ability to use complex formulas and pivot tables. Competency using, or interest in, data visualisation tools (specifically Tableau) and working with big data sets to derive business insights.
- Marketing, Media, PR
- Market Research Analyst
- Media Planner, Consultant
- Project Manager
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
Budapest, XIII. district
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV through Jelentkezem button.
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.