We are seeking a motivated Research Assistant. This position is based in SZATYMAZ breeding station, Csongrád county.
The main responsibility of the Research Assistant is the trial sowing, maintenance, crop protection by sprayer, trial harvest by plot harvester and seed processing.
Additional responsibility is the management, daily use, maintenance and long-term development for the complete machinery park (sowing machines, tractors, combine harvesters, self-propelled crop sprayer, cultivator, drone and the navigation system) of the breeding program.
The owner of this role will support operational activities of the workflow from the seed preparation till the harvest of corn in breeding nursery, seed productions and small plot testing trials.
The Research Assistant will report to the Testing and Operation Manager.
- Trial implementation from seeding to harvest in corn nursery, hybrid testing trials and in trial seed productions with linked colleagues.
- Machinery’s continuous maintenance and preparation for the season. Role of the Research Assistant is to support the long-term development of the machines by proposing investment plans. Also, administrates the machinery related purchases and presents advancement plans to the Testing and Operations Manager.
- The Research Assistant supervises the mechanical processes from safety point of view and carries out improvements in the workflow.
- The Research Assistant interacts with the main technological suppliers.
- Strong focus on trial execution in phenotyping network (trial maintenance, data collection).
- Supporting day to day operations of seed productions and line development nursery. Strong support of irrigation management is required.
- Owner of a supporting role in seed preparation and seed processing in laboratory.
- BSc or MSc in agricultural mechanical engineering or any other (agronomy) related field.
- Experience in machinery, crop production and hybrid production
- Experience in agricultural research, small plot trials or nursery execution and management is an advantage
- Strong machinery and field orientation, hard worker with strong ownership and awareness of responsibility
- Ability to work independently
- Open-minded attitude and high interest in new technologies (GPS systems, drone technology, robotic technologies)
- User level computer skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven English knowledge
- Valid driving licences for B, T, C+E category are a must, forklift and other agricultural machinery driving licenses are plus
We can offer:
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative team
- Various tasks to constantly improve your skills
- Long term development and growth opportunities within one of the most successful maize breeding program in Europe
- Modern work environment, both in infrastructure and in machine park
- Competitive salary and benefit package
Who is Bayer?
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
- Mechanical Engineer
- Environment, Agriculture
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication