BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future. That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
Relationship Manager Client Service Analyst - BDP
About this role
About this role
Client Experience Management (CEM):
The Client Experience Management (CEM) team is passionate on ensuring BlackRock delivers outstanding client experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join the expanding CEM team in Budapest, as we broaden our current focus from the UK Institutional Client book to cover all client channels across EMEA.
CEM sits between the Client Business and the functional teams within Business Operations, acting as clients’ central contact point for all day to day servicing, queries, issues and change requests. CEM works with the Client Business to ensure that the service needs of our clients are understood and aligned with the operational teams across BlackRock and then supports clients on an ongoing basis from an account management perspective post win. In addition, the team are responsible for ensuring that BlackRock’s operational service offering continues to evolve in line with industry and client trends with the goal of offering our clients world class service excellence. The team is also charged with being the client experience specialist in the room internally and providing clients with consultancy where required around operational matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with our personnel in our regional offices across EMEA and will be directly servicing our Clients and their consultants across multiple client channels. Initially, you will primarily manage the servicing relationship for UK Pension Scheme clients. As the role interacts with other departments (such as Sales, Legal, Compliance, Portfolio Management, Product and Business Operations, among others) you will enjoy the opportunity to gain knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, its position in the market and the wide range of products and capabilities that we offer. CEM continues to evolve towards an increasingly client-centric service model, therefore opportunities will exist for hardworking individuals to take on greater levels of client ownership and develop strong client relationship management skills.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Post-sales client service management, supporting the Relationship Managers and existing clients through high quality client service with outstanding attention to detail
- Owning and responding to client queries, delegating as appropriate to internal teams, monitoring progress to resolution and ensuring that responses are timely and of a high quality
- Understanding clients’ needs and liaise with internal teams and third-party service providers where necessary, ensuring that the agreed arrangement and service requirements of the client are articulated in an appropriate agreement
- Reviewing own service performance, aiming to achieve excellent results in client satisfaction surveys, and working closely with other team members in achieving overall strategic business objectives
- Collaborating closely with relevant Relationship Managers and other Service Managers to ensure seamless client service whilst maintaining a high degree of communication and confidence
- Handling any client complaints in a timely and sensitive manner, in accordance with internal procedures, keeping clients informed and being a great partner to mitigate the impact of dissatisfaction
- Co-ordinating the onboarding of clients and client change activities, ensuring correct process and procedures are followed and ensuring the delivery of service needs agreed with the client
- Facilitate diagnosis of complex client service issues, identify trends that point to service deficiencies and own resolution, working with the appropriate internal and external delivery teams to ensure timely and accurate response
- Drive continuous improvement in BlackRock’s service offering both internally and with external service providers such as custodian banks, depository banks
- Contribute to project initiatives that seek to improve our service, effectiveness, and efficiency, or impact the business, its products and its clients
- Apply thought leadership to both projects and management of client relationships. Occasionally required to lead on projects representing the client and the team
We are looking for people who are:
- Curious: You like to learn new things and challenge the status quo
- Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Open: You value and respect input from others
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem
- Have strong client service skills, including responsiveness, issue resolution, root cause analysis with a passion for delivering service excellence
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be confident, friendly and respectful individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable liaising with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Have excellent attention to detail and analytical skills with a thirst and aptitude for problem solving to deliver positive outcomes to our clients
- Be able to work under pressure to meet high client demands by managing expectations and priorities effectively
- Have an interest in financial services as an industry
- Have strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage and control your own priorities to meet deadlines
- Be a great teammate, able to integrate and build rapport quickly
- Be Accountable, motivated, diligent and results driven
Having previous work experience in financial services or professional qualifications are an advantage (CFA Investment Foundations Certificate or similar)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value inclusion and diversity at BlackRock. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Please click the Apply button and send us your CV.