For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Reference Data Analyst - Budapest
- Be a member of a highly skilled and motivated team of analysts that solves complex problems regarding all aspects of Terms and Conditions (TnC) market data delivery including data sourcing, processing, loading, analysis, etc.
- Monitor quality of terms and conditions data on a daily basis
- Learn and apply business logic required to normalize set of terms and conditions data models
- Collaborate with cross functional teams e.g. IT Development and Research teams in the implementation and maintenance of new models and business logics
- Research and acquire in depth knowledge of the TnC market data content models of upstream data suppliers to MSCI for multiple financial asset classes
- Maintain and improve current data processes and develop new efficient processes to support the daily production of reference data
- Investigate and resolve reference data quality issues and content exceptions on behalf of both internal and external MSCI clients
- Liaise with data vendors and gain in depth knowledge of their data delivery methodologies e.g. Thompson Reuters
- Understand the use of MSCI Risk Management Software and workflow of Terms and Conditions Data
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Statistics, Engineering (any), Finance, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets, products and risk management
- Interest in market data content management – specifically in any or all of equities, equity derivatives, domestic and international mutual funds, fixed-income government / corporate debt, structured debt, commodity futures, commodity derivatives and credit derivatives
- Interest working in environment that combines finance and technology
- Programming experience in Visual Basic, Perl and C/C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases, preferably Oracle is a plus
- Excellent English language skills
- Must be willing to work in a global team environment and able to move things forward via strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem” button underneath.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.