For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is looking for an exceptional individual to join the General Pricing Research team in Budapest. The goals and responsibilities of the team include the design, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of analytical models for a wide range of financial securities and markets.
The group works closely with other research, product management, and client coverage teams. In addition the group regularly interacts with clients directly, including in-person consultations.
- Research and development of asset pricing models and risk methodologies contributing to MSCI analytics products
- Working with other teams such as Data and Analytical Quality Assurance to implement models in production
- Writing research papers and blog posts to disseminate the findings of research
- Managing client calls on specific requests and commercial proposals
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in physics, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or another quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of areas in quantitative finance such as theory of asset pricing, fixed income analytics, volatility models, and portfolio risk models
- Practical experience in designing, implementing and testing quantitative models
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Time management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects
- Critical thinking, curiosity and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Programming skills: object oriented programming, C++, Python, Matlab
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- Education, Research, Science
- IT Development
- Database Expert
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.