For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is looking for an exceptional individual to join the Data Science Research team in Budapest. The goals and responsibilities of the team include the development of the MSCI Data Science Platform used across the organization, analysis of alternative data sets and their integration into MSCI products as well as research into data science techniques to solve investment problems.
The group is part of MSCI's Global Research and Product Development organization and works closely with other research, product management and client coverage teams to implement the research agenda and benefit from the substantial resources and expertise available within the global MSCI organization.
- Development of the MSCI Data Science Platform using state of the art technologies and techniques (python, machine learning) as well as training, onboarding, supporting and consulting others in the organization on these technologies
- Involvement in new research projects (such as factor and alternative data research) and contribution to their success from initial concept through research, development and client consultations to product implementation
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor / graduate degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, quantitative finance or another highly quantitative subject
- 3-5 years of experience in quantitative investment research or as a data scientist / data engineer
- Excellent programming skills (Python or MATLAB preferred)
- Good knowledge of DevOps practices (version control systems, testing, continuous integration and delivery, containers), linux command line, system administration basics a plus
- Understanding of the equity analysis and investment process or a strong desire to learn it
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- Education, Research, Science
- IT Development
- Database Expert
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.