Quantitative Analyst - 18055646
The role will be to join the Quantitative Analyst Team in Budapest and work alongside the global teams to as a Regulatory Analyst to meet the current and projected regulatory demands from the business.
Markets Quantitative Analysis Department (MQ)A is a division of the Global Markets business and has responsibility for providing the analytical models which are used for pricing securities and risk managing the Firm’s positions throughout the Markets’ businesses. The scope of this work extends from the research into the mathematical derivation of the model, through the coding, testing, and documentation of the model for formal validation and approval, and finally to delivering the model both to the desktop and to Technology for incorporation into the Firm’s books and records systems. MQA’s responsibilities span the G10 Rates, Local Markets, Credit, Commodities, FX, Equity, Equity Hybrids and Mortgage/Securitised markets businesses.
MQA Budapest is an integral part of the global structure of the department and plays a key role in the development of the core tools, processes and analytics.
The role will involve tasks such as
- Work on Regulatory and Governance based projects across a range of the asset classes.
- Develop ongoing monitoring methodologies and processes around the front office models to satisfy the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Interacting with stakeholders, traders, quants, model review, and risk on issues related to pricing, stress testing, and model performance.
- Producing model documentation and ongoing monitoring reports.
- Writing automation, migrating processes to multi-threaded platform.
- Reporting to senior management on the status of regulatory projects, highlight potential risks.
- Extensive training will be given to the candidate both onsite in Budapest and offsite in London and/or New York. The candidate will have daily contacts with supervisor(s) and will receive interactive training from various members of the Global team, including introduction and intermediary financial courses as well as Business training. The candidate will also participate to the team weekly meetings across regions.
The work will involve daily contact with the teams in London and/or New York and offers an excellent environment in which to work alongside top professionals across these disciplines to get a broad understanding of the Markets business. Extensive training will be given and it is expected that some of this will require some travel to London for a few days at a time for the first 3-6 months as a minimum.
Knowledge and Experience
- 10-12 years relevant experience in a Quantitative Analyst role
- Fundamental knowledge of C++ and Matlab
- Proven track record of development and support pricing and risk models in an analytics library such as Rates, Credit, Equities, Commodities an advantage
- Previous experience working on Regulatory based projects such as Model Risk, Basel III, Stress Testing, CCAR, PAA an advantage
- Outstanding mathematical finance and statistical analysis skills
- Knowledge of probability and stochastic calculus
- Familiarity with Numerical analysis/Monte-Carlo methods
- MSc / PhD Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Finance or Economics
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to take ownership and proactively follow up on issues
- Ability to work in a team and to work well under pressure in a Front-Office environment
- Finance, Accounting
- Financial Analyst
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Full time
- >10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply:
Apply now to be part of this multicultural and dynamic team. Your place is here.
You can apply on the „Jelentkezem button” below.