We at Leggett & Platt Automotive are looking for a Quality Engineer – fix term maternity cover 1.5 years - to join our rapidly growing Automotive Team in Tarjan, Hungary. We are a multi-billion-dollar globally diversified company that designs and manufactures various engineered components and products. Our growing automotive business unit, which exceeds one billion dollars in sales, is comprised of four main product segments with operations on three continents. Our customers include OEM and Tier 1 automotive companies.
In this role, you will report to the Quality Manager. Description:
This role has cross functional accountability and interactions with program management, operations, manufacturing engineering, engineering and any other applicable areas in support of improving overall Quality. This pertains to the lifecycle of the product. The quality engineer will utilize tools and methodologies to be able to facilitate/drive individual and cross functional efforts in problem solving quality issues. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all required quality documents for the customers and internal QMS are maintained.
If you are looking for a challenging, rewarding opportunity to showcase your expertise, we want you!
What you will be doing?
- Support branch Quality manager to implement, improve, and monitor the company's management system to meet customer and LPA's requirements and expectations. Lead, develop, and coach branch staff to play the roles of police, doctor, and coach and facilitate quality branch activities.
- Review and develop action plans to improve branch KPIs (cost of poor quality, internal PPM, customer PPM, PPAP submission on time). Lead problem solving (8D report, etc.), implement corrective actions in a branch, and document it in knowledge database.
- Assist branch Quality manager and Quality department to provide support to branch operations (such as continuous improvements and LAMPS), and service to the customer. Establish and implement procedures to ensure quality of the incoming and outgoing material.
- Develop methods to check and ensure downstream quality in new products (APQP and safe launch) and ensure quality of existing products.
- Ensure compliances of quality, regulatory, and customer requirements, such as ISO 14001, IATF 16949, and ISO/IEC 17025.
- Support branch Quality manager to hold the branch team accountable for maintaining records and reports in a concise manner and update documents accordingly.
- Maintain/improve customer and supplier intimacy through customer visit/contact and create effective working relations.
- Fulfill responsibilities in Health & Safety as defined by legislation and the company's H&S program. Support continuous improvement activities, support a safety-first approach, maintaining a zero-accident culture. Ensures and monitors work, accident prevention, and safe working environment across the business.
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent area
- Long-term practical experience as quality engineer within automotive sector
- Expert knowledge of Quality Engineering skills, including PFMEA, SPC, Process Capability, MSA, Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to regularly contact, influence and negotiate with individuals internal and external the organization on complex issues both in Hungarian and in English
- Ability to work in a team environment and a high level of self-motivation
- Creative thinker and a strong problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
Reasons you’ll love it here:
Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, you’ll fit right in. We also have an attractive compensation package; good base wage, bonus, cafeteria, life insurance.
- Manufacturing, Production
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- 1-3 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
annual bonus/salary benefits, cafeteria
Tarján, 2831 Tornyópuszta hrsz 0234/107.
How to apply/ contact information:
Please send your application via the "Jelentkezem" button.