BD Biosciences (BDB) is a worldwide technology leader producing instrument and reagent products for customers in research and clinical markets. BDB currently enjoys a leadership position in its primary business of clinical and research flow cytometry instruments and reagents. The Rouge Project serves the research arm of BDB called Life Science Research Reagents (LSRR) based in San Diego. The Rouge Project established a Process Center for the manufacturing of stable, mature research reagent products in Tatabanya, Hungary.
QUALITY CONTROL OPERATION SUPERVISOR
Main Purpose of the Position
The Quality Control Operation Supervisor responsible for supervising the QC operation team. Main responsibilities include: ensuring accurate and timely completion of all assigned QC tests, proper operation of all laboratory equipment, availability of supplies and training of staff to meet business objectives, development and revision of Standard Operating Procedures, assuring that testing processes meet BD requirements and professional expectations. Keeps contact with experts responsible for reviewing test results.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides supervision to quality control operation staff with responsibilities for results in terms of cost, methods, and EH&S.
- Responsible for the test allocation to appropriately qualified biochemist. Ensures the routine, accurate and timely completion of all assigned QC tests. Ensures release of product on time to schedule.
- Actively participate in the Daily Management System by attending shift start up meetings, providing appropriate metrics.
- Keeps contact with QC experts to follow up retests. Ensures the prioritization of group workload and assignment of testing, communication with other departments on routing work are done efficiently. Follows up past due date tests.
- Controls the resource and capacity of QC Biochemists, Technicians and Coordinators and ensures adequate resources are utilized in the most efficient manner.
- Follows up trainings.
- Responsible for the daily administration related to production.
- Supervises the laboratory area:
- Ensures all EH&S policies, programs and procedures are implemented and followed through education and training.
- Ensures that cleaning, maintenance and calibration of QC equipment take place according to schedule.
- Ensures the required documents and records are available, prepares and maintains QC Work Instructions and Forms.
- Manages inventories of reference materials or other assay standards including supplies and reagents used in QC assays.
- Provides recommendations to continuously improve product/process quality.
- Executes assigned responsibilities related to hiring, job assignments, performance management, and employee motivation.
- Responsible for completing performance review and setting IIGs of all direct report associates.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in a related scientific discipline (such as Biology, Microbiology or Medical Technology) and a minimum of three years of experience in a pharmaceutical/ biotechnology environment and/or medical technology laboratory or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Working experience with Western Blot, ELISA, Flow Cytometry
- Effective skills of analytical thinking, problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage all direct report associates
- Fully bilingual (English & Hungarian)
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Environment, Agriculture
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English - intermediate / communication
- Hungarian - intermediate / communication
Környe, 2851 Üveggyár út 3.
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „jelentkezem” button underneath.