QT & QML Developer
This is us...
Black Swan Avionics is the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment (IFE) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with our software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
We focus on improving the IFE passenger experience through personalisation, offering a whole new world of seat-back entertainment systems, pairing with mobile devices and enabling internet connections while passengers are in the air. Our technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, whilst they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. In-flight entertainment is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data and applications have not yet matured, and we are working hard to capitalise on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of in-flight entertainment and Black Swan!!
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today we employ 260 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa.
Our work is getting us noticed – in 2016, we were awarded the accolade of ‘Britain’s Fastest Growing Start Up’ by The Sunday Times, and ranked #1 in their inaugural ‘Start Up Track 15’.
Your role at Black Swan….
We are looking for a software engineer with experience in Qt and QML development. The ssuccessful candidate will be required to participate in an Agile SCRUM team to perform technical planning and execution for the development of IFE software. You will be involved in all phases of development and be responsible for developing and supporting the GUI application through its entire lifecycle, including implementation, software integration, working to make sure the GUI passes validation testing, and sustaining the GUI after.
- Experience with Qt and QML UI Development.
- Experience in designing and creating software GUI applications, libraries, and APIs.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of all phases of software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, code review, testing, and release.
- Familiar with unit and functional testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- GIT source control experience is highly desired.
- Agile SCRUM experience
- Experience with Android development is desired.
- Experience with advanced knowledge of Linux
- Solid overall understanding of embedded systems or limited resource devices
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
Successful candidate should have a good working knowledge of GUI development, preferably using the Qt framework. Experience in developing on the Linux platform is preferred. Candidate must have experience in software architecture design and working knowledge of software design patterns.
Experience with Java and Android application development is highly desired.
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital. Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Be an excellent communicator – part of this role is will be about communicating with individuals and teams in our different office locations involved in large-scale technical deliveries.
- Be pragmatic – the world often changes around us and we need to be comfortable with that. Getting results for our clients is vital, and this role requires someone that will fill in the gaps that exist – that may be bold and confident architectural decisions, or it may be making sure the developers have enough pizza to get through a hack-a-thon. You will need to have a good feel for the right thing at the right time.
- Be experienced – we have lots of space for newcomers to the industry to learn, and most of us are learning every day. However, this is not an entry level role and we will expect the right person to hit the ground running and make their presence felt immediately through skill and experience.
- Be persuasive – in our company ideas will be challenged and we encourage that. You will need to ensure that the skilled people around you understand and trust your judgement.
- Think widely – we only work with large brands (you will have heard of all of our clients) and that requires quality throughout. Having a good understanding of our clients business needs and relaying them effectively to the technical teams will help to ensure our clients make the headlines for all the right reasons.
- Be approachable – Black Swan don’t discriminate on any grounds. However, even if you are technically awesome, we don’t hire unapproachable people. We all spend too much love and effort on our jobs to work with people that don’t feel the same way.
The very best candidates will understand that the work Black Swan does is always hard, and sometimes it might even be impossible; that’s the great thing about being on the cutting edge.
Building and being part of a high performing team stretches all of us – and the right person will be excited by such a challenge with the difficulties, rewards and satisfaction that it brings. We all work hard, sometimes in difficult circumstances, but that is because our work is seen by millions of people in a huge variety of contexts; it is likely that our work has affected something you have purchased or seen, and that is a great feeling for all of us.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction.
How about you?
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediary/communicative
How to apply/ contact information:
To apply you have to push the „jelentkezem” button, what you can find below.