You have a strong professional interest in migration. You enjoy managing projects, partners and resources. You are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children: this challenge is for you!
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. The Regional Office in Budapest has been operating since 2006.
- Ensure the implementation of all planned project activities and delivery of outputs and results;
- Oversee the organization of upcoming events in the framework of regional projects;
- Ensure timely preparation and adequate communication and liaison with all partners and stakeholders involved;
- Ensure timely, quality and accurate reporting to management and donor(s) on a regular basis;
- Ensure continuous tracking and evaluation of project’s performance in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (M&E);
- Liaise with Finance and Administration Manager to ensure timely and proper level of spending and compliance with set financial standards and rules;
- Regularly feed and disseminate via ChildHub and through other communication channels the results and achievements met by the project, the regional office and its network of partners.
Working under the direct supervision of the Regional Project Manager from the Children and Youth in Migration Unit at the Tdh Regional Office in Budapest, the Project Officer will be responsible for the overall implementation of the EC funded regional project “Mentoring for Integration – MINT” (starting 1 January 2019). He/she will ensure the implementation of all project activities as set out in project documentation and the delivery of project results and outputs on-time and within scope. In addition, the Project Officer will also support the implementation of other regional projects implemented by the Tdh Regional Office.
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in coordinating regional projects;
- Strong interest in migration issues;
- Ability to manage a high volume of work flow efficiently;
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing administrative skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and productively within a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
- Flexibility, availability and adaptability;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Experience in communications and/or online learning considered an asset;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory. Knowledge of one of the languages of the region considered an asset.
What we offer:
Start date January 2019.
Contract One-year, local, full-time Employment Contract, renewable.
Salary Ranging HUF 468 995 - 527 618 gross (311 882 - 350 866 net) depending on skills and experience.
- Business Supporting Centres
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Non-profit Organisations
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
Monthly net pay:
350 866 HUF
How to apply/contact information:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to the indicated email address.
Please include “Project Officer, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email. Please indicate in the email content where you found our Vacancy Announcement.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.